Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profiling Software Selection  (Read 3728 times)

DotProdux

Profiling Software Selection
« on: October 04, 2007, 09:22:35 pm »

Can anyone provide information or direct me to a comparisons between any or all of Monaco, ProfileMaker, ProductionHouse, and APS? I am doing a variety of printing using a variety of printers and would like to standardize on one profiling and profile management system. In particular, has to work well with HP Z3100 and 5500 printers. Profile editing capability is important.

I did already search this site for "Monaco" and for "Profilemaker" and read all of the results.

If you have experience with any of these (and especially if you have experience with two or more of these) packages, I would sure appreciate your thoughts on the subject.

Thanks,

Taylor

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 03:31:54 am »

I would go with ProfileMaker. The EyeOne spectrophotometer can be used to profile monitors and printers, and having one device to calibrate and profile everything is a convenient thing; you don't have to worry about the internal calibration of the monitor measuring device matching that of the printer measuring device. Plus, the EyeOne spectro is supported by a lot of RIPs if you ever decide to do your own linearization and stuff.

Henry Goh

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 06:01:04 am »

Can anyone provide information or direct me to a comparisons between any or all of Monaco, ProfileMaker, ProductionHouse, and APS? I am doing a variety of printing using a variety of printers and would like to standardize on one profiling and profile management system. In particular, has to work well with HP Z3100 and 5500 printers. Profile editing capability is important.

I did already search this site for "Monaco" and for "Profilemaker" and read all of the results.

If you have experience with any of these (and especially if you have experience with two or more of these) packages, I would sure appreciate your thoughts on the subject.

Thanks,

Taylor
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143924\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not sure why you would need to use Profilemaker.  IMHO it would be an overkill.

How about Eye One Photo and variants of it?

DotProdux

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 11:23:49 am »

Thanks.  I think I probably should have mentioned that I already own Eye-One Proof and the Onyx PosterShop RIP. That is how I currently profile. It is fast and intuitive for basic profiling, but IMHO the profile editing capabilities are disappointing as are the visualization tools.

Taylor
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 11:25:34 am by DotProdux »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 12:01:26 pm »

Not sure why you would need to use Profilemaker.  IMHO it would be an overkill.

How about Eye One Photo and variants of it?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143967\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes and no, depending on your needs.

ProfileMaker Pro includes MeasureTool allowing you to build custom targets which might be useful.

PMP module has more options for building RGB profiles (tons more for CMYK). Many are quite useful. But again, its only overkill if you know the options and are sure its overkill. For me, and others, its not.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up