Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External naming driving me mad! Need help!  (Read 1247 times)

dwbell

External naming driving me mad! Need help!
« on: October 04, 2007, 05:20:26 pm »

Hi all,

Now I'm not one to post often, especially not with the topic like I have.  But before LR1.2 (ie LR1.1) I would do following, easily....

Import and rename to dwb_070820_5973.CR2 where dwb are my initials, 070820 is the date and 5973 is the original filename number suffix.  Good, LR1.2 still does that for me.

Then, when I export to edit in CS3 it would simply add an "-Edit" on the end, dwb_070820_5973-Edit.psd.  Lovely, bring it back in, export the modified version again to CS3 and it would return with dwb_070820_5973-Edit-2.psd

Now I actually do like the "edit" suffix and incremental numbering.  

Now in LR1.2 I simply cannot recreate this behaviour!  I didn't change anything except upgrade to 1.2 and now notice my naming convention was wrong.  Went into the preferences and saw all the new options but CANNOT get it to behave like it used to.  Can't even get it to incrementally count on each image.

PLEASE someone point me in the right direction, and please try it locally first, I've tried sequence #, image #, total#.  All I'm getting is dwb_070820_5973-Edit-Edit-Edit.psd and rubbish like that.

It's driving me MAAAAAAD!

Kind regards.
DWBell
Pages: [1]   Go Up