Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally putting some pics up  (Read 3685 times)

mahleu

• 500px
Finally putting some pics up
« on: October 04, 2007, 04:27:22 am »

As all the other advice I've had from this site has been great, thought I should put some pics up. Thanks for any comments.

mahleu

• 500px
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 07:05:45 am »

Please someone comment
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 08:48:04 am by mahleu »

Rob C

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 11:40:06 am »

Please someone comment
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144192\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Okay, this is what I see:

a. blue, vertical photograph: nice seascape ruined by the large beetle in the lower left corner;

b. middle beach shot: two things spring to mind - either a sneaky shot of a courting couple (very risky in the circumstances) or, more likely, two escapees from the new killer algae;

c. reclining nude: if doing a neck to mid-shin shot such as this, I would have placed her in the foreground rather than in the middle distance.

Hope this helps, but I´d tend to trust my own mind and go my own way in these matters; you have no idea the nonsense some people might come up with.

Rob C

mahleu

• 500px
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 07:29:08 am »

1. That beetle is a man fishing at night
2. They were watching a whle, which wasn't being very photogenic itself
3. ...

sinc

• http://pbase.com/sinc
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 11:32:00 am »

The first photograph is intriguing. If the image of the fisherman was three or four images rather than two (thus expressing more action), it might have more appeal. Or if it was just one image, it would be OK. As is, it brings to mind an amateur's mistake rather than a purposeful photo. But it's a photo idea with much potential.

The second is not visually appealing. The two figures lack so much information that they almost appear alien forms. Yet the overall photo has a substantial impact. The photo idea has a lot of potential.

The third is weak in that it does not have enough contours to delight the eye. It doesn't hold your attention long. Nonetheless, everything else about the photo is appealing. Again, the photo idea has a lot of potential.

Many of the great photographers photographed the same thing over and over again during a time span sometimes years long. These are three good ideas to work on.
Joseph T. Sinclair, Author

mahleu

• 500px
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 06:49:19 am »

The first photograph is intriguing. If the image of the fisherman was three or four images rather than two (thus expressing more action), it might have more appeal. Or if it was just one image, it would be OK. As is, it brings to mind an amateur's mistake rather than a purposeful photo. But it's a photo idea with much potential.

The second is not visually appealing. The two figures lack so much information that they almost appear alien forms. Yet the overall photo has a substantial impact. The photo idea has a lot of potential.

The third is weak in that it does not have enough contours to delight the eye. It doesn't hold your attention long. Nonetheless, everything else about the photo is appealing. Again, the photo idea has a lot of potential.

Many of the great photographers photographed the same thing over and over again during a time span sometimes years long. These are three good ideas to work on.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=144629\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for your comments.

The first shot was a 6 second exposure so hoping for a steady figure was a bit optimistic.

The second clearly demonstrated why I need a dlsr with a better dynamic range
I'll see if I can pull something more from the raw.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 06:52:56 am by mahleu »