Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GE Grayed out for FA pearl on z3100  (Read 1620 times)

ricgal

GE Grayed out for FA pearl on z3100
« on: October 02, 2007, 04:29:44 pm »

Please forgive me re asking this question to hopefully a wider audience-  Does anyone know why GE is not available for the FA pearl setting in the driver?  If I try to trick the printer by calling say Harman FB Gloss a standard gloss paper the calibration always fails  (have tried a number of settings).  Thank you in advance for your wisdom!
www.ricbower.com- Art and Fashion Photog

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 06:55:57 pm »

Please forgive me re asking this question to hopefully a wider audience-  Does anyone know why GE is not available for the FA pearl setting in the driver?  If I try to trick the printer by calling say Harman FB Gloss a standard gloss paper the calibration always fails  (have tried a number of settings).  Thank you in advance for your wisdom!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143442\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The available settings in the driver reflect the media preset you chose when first making a profile for the paper. Check out HP's PDF document on using custom papers; it spells out exactly what's going on with the various media presets, including which ones supoort use of the gloss enhancer. If you're using a profile provided by HP, check carefully because some of the profiles come in two versions; one with gloss enhancer and one without. If you pick a media preset that doesn't support use of the gloss enhancer, that choice will be grey-ed out.

This whole issue would be easier to deal with if HP's driver for the Z3100 wasn't more than a bit squirrely. It frequently forgets your custom paper sizes, and often settings like page orientation aren't "sticky".
Hope this helps.

ricgal

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 03:26:29 am »

Thanks Geoff
I will do some homework
Ric
www.ricbower.com- Art and Fashion Photog
Pages: [1]   Go Up