Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: G9 Raw converters.  (Read 2029 times)

David Anderson

• http://www.twigwater.com
G9 Raw converters.
« on: October 02, 2007, 07:08:08 am »

Hi,

A friend just got a Canon G9 and asked me about converting raws, I know nothing about the compacts so had a look at Canons website and it looks like it doesn't ship with softwear for raws -
Also Capture One (what we both have) doesn't work with G9 files yet as far as I can tell.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

picnic

G9 Raw converters.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 08:23:01 am »

Hi,

A friend just got a Canon G9 and asked me about converting raws, I know nothing about the compacts so had a look at Canons website and it looks like it doesn't ship with softwear for raws -
Also Capture One (what we both have) doesn't work with G9 files yet as far as I can tell.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143357\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, the G9 does ship with software for RAW conversion.  Its Zoombrowser/RIT.  IMO, its pretty primitive compared to others, but it certainly gives one a start.  DPP is not now nor ever has been available for the G series--too bad.

In addition to that, Adobe released their last upgrades for RC in PSCS3 and LR with an upsupported upgrade for the G9.  ACR 4.2 and LR 1.2 both recognize the G9 (and are what I'm using).  My belief is that the G9 took them a bit by surprise--it wasn't supposed to ship until the middle to latter part of October and ended up shipping much earlier--so they added it to the recent upgrade for the 40D and MkIII.  However, it appears it was not calibrated/profiled so the WB is wonky.  Using something like a Whibal with the eyedropper or temp/tone sliders, you can correct WB without a problem.  Everything else works as expected.  There's every reason to believe that the next upgrade will add the profile for the G9 and WB will view correctly.

I've also read that Silkypix now supports the G9--and I read on the Breezebrowser site that the G9 would soon be supported there.

So--quite a few options for now and I'm sure more soon.

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up