Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HPZ 3100 Profile Names vrs Corel Painter X CM  (Read 1835 times)

dandeliondigital

• http://www.dandeliondigital.com
HPZ 3100 Profile Names vrs Corel Painter X CM
« on: October 01, 2007, 10:18:17 pm »

Hi all,
Is anyone else out there using the HPZ3100 along with Corel Painter X? If so, I'm sure
you've found that the Z profiles are named automatically by the printer, and my problem is
that Corel Painter X (unlike Photoshop CS3) is failing to get the correct profile name, and
instead is displaying "none none" or "HPPS HPPS" instead of profile names created by the
printer.

This is terrible. So I called Corel (a week after my post to their forum was left unanswered).
Corel said it had something to do with a resource being blank, but said to call HP. I did
and got nowhere because HP kinda blamed Corel. CATCH 22 GOTCHA! Very slick.

[ASIDE ON HP Profile Naming: I find it so annoying that the profile names the Z creates are way too long including a extra long printer name. "HP Designjet Z3100" begins every profile. Is it just me or shouldn't this be a user preference? In my case...I have one Z... "HPZ" would suffice.]

BRAINSTORM: On a "printer generated profile" I have tried using Apple ColorSync Utility to change resources involving Profile Names, like resources in the "Localized Names" and "ASCII Text strings" (replacing "none" found in quotes with the profile name> Sadly "none none" or
"HPPS HPPS" remains the profile name no matter what I have done in ColorSync Utility. SO
THESE TESTS FAILED, and I've taken to the boards trolling for help. Pardon me if you see a variation of this posted on other boards.

Any ideas for a desparate end user. Is there any software out there that can help me fix this?
Corel and HP are not any help, and I'm stuck in the middle. Oh joy...it looks like now I'm going to
have to load a single profile at a time to get a kludgey fix for this.  Arrrrrrrrgh!! Why can't we all
just get along, and on with it HP & Corel?

Looking forward to hearing from anyone.

So long for now, TOM

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
HPZ 3100 Profile Names vrs Corel Painter X CM
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 02:09:00 am »

I think you have it set to make V4 ICC profiles and Corel accepts only V2.1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up