Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollei Hy6  (Read 3956 times)

Frotz

• http://
Rollei Hy6
« on: October 01, 2007, 05:11:17 pm »

Hello All!

So the Hy6 is new and becoming available, but there's little discussion of this new Rolleiflex as a modern analogue MF camera. There's lots about the Sinar and Leaf Afi, so for those of us with analogue eyeballs who prefer chemistry based photography, here's a new piece of gear to look into. (Pun intended!)

Here's what little I know, most of which came with the help of Mike at BlazesPhoto.com:

- Initial production is all sold out.
- Orders placed now should be filled in November or December.
- There are no new lenses planned (Rats.)
- The Body is $6840CDN and comes with a flip-up, waist-level viewfinder
- The Kit is $8236CDN and comes with a flip-up, waist-level viewfinder, 4560 back and adaptor, neck strap, battery and charger.
-Exclusive distributor in North America is Sinar so AF lenses have to be sourced separately.

Well that's not a lot of info for a dramatically new camera. News here of the Hy6 is proving kind of stealthy...

I'd love to know what can't be found from the Franke & Heidecke PDF, or the Sinar web site. So if you have delivery dates for the new 6x6 back (designated 6060) or the 90º viewfinder or news of new lenses, post it!

If you know of special features of the camera of particular interest to analogue users, please post it too--even if it's in the brochure--it'll give us something to talk about.

If you've got your hands on one or know of reviews, please post details!

When everyone has contributed what we know we'll all be able to make an informed decision whether we want to purchase this nifty new camera or not.

Best,
Andre.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
Rollei Hy6
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 04:16:39 am »

Dear Andre,

I am glad to jump in here and give some information, as reliable as possible. We are all waiting for the release of this completely new camera platform. I shall attach here a document with some technical information about its design and possibilites/features.

But I wish also here to answer some points mentioned below and which are either not exact or misleading somehow.

1. Precision about the different brand names

First of all I would like to say that I am speaking here on behalf of Sinar AG Switzerland and the camera model named Sinar Hy6. I cannot and do not want to speak for the Franke & Heidecke Cie. which is manufcaturing this camera for Jenoptik and which is also got the rights to sell it under the brand name Rolleiflex Hy6. Then there is also the Leaf Cie. allowed to sell this camera under its own Leaf AFi name and through thier own distribution channels. But the basical information about the camera is certainly valid for both brand types.

2. Release Date - Availability

No precise release date can be given as per today. We are all working hard on the lastest firmware updates and do hope to be able to send out the first units in 2 weeks time, with a fairly high chance.

The camera has entered production phase already.

Production capacity, like with any new high-end product or camera will reach its maximum in a couple of months after its release.

3. Lenses

Beside the existing lenses fitting the Rollei 6008 camera model and which should also fit the new Sinar Hy6, there a new serie of lenses which will be launched at the same time as the camera:

they will be Schneider AFD lenses with exception of a planed 35 mm / 3.5 Flektogon HFT PQS:

- Zeiss Flektogon 3.5/35 HFT PQS
- Schneider Super-Angulon AFD 2.8/50 PQS
- Schneider Xenotar AFD 2.8/80 PQS
- Schneider Tele-Xenar AFD 4.0/150 PQS
- Schneider Tele-Xenar AFD 2.8/180 PQ
- Schneider Variogon AFD 4.6/60-140 PQS

The Flektogon 35 mm is planed for the begin of 2008, not at release of the camera, possibly followed by a 120 Macro.

4. Availability

The camera body together with all lenses as well as accessoires for this Sinar Hy6 will be available at and can be purchased through the normal Sinar distributor in each country, included in the USA.

The Sinar Hy6 can be purchased as a digital kit, including various Sinarbacks and lenses, or as a single camera separately, as well as all the lenses and accessories.

5. 90° Viewfinder

This viewfinder will be available possibly from the release date, latest by November '07.

6. For our film-lovers

There is a 6x6 rollfilm holder which is already in its prototyping phase. First units shall be tested in December and if all goes right, production phase of this 6x6 filmholder will start begin of 2008 with availability in the 2nd Quarter.

7. Pricing

I shall refrain from giving any price here, since these can vary from one country to another. I suggest to consult our Sinar distributors for that.

8. Technical Data and Features

Please read the attached document.

Best regards,
Thierry

Hello All!

So the Hy6 is new and becoming available, but there's little discussion of this new Rolleiflex as a modern analogue MF camera. There's lots about the Sinar and Leaf Afi, so for those of us with analogue eyeballs who prefer chemistry based photography, here's a new piece of gear to look into. (Pun intended!)

Here's what little I know, most of which came with the help of Mike at BlazesPhoto.com:

- Initial production is all sold out.
- Orders placed now should be filled in November or December.
- There are no new lenses planned (Rats.)
- The Body is $6840CDN and comes with a flip-up, waist-level viewfinder
- The Kit is $8236CDN and comes with a flip-up, waist-level viewfinder, 4560 back and adaptor, neck strap, battery and charger.
-Exclusive distributor in North America is Sinar so AF lenses have to be sourced separately.

Well that's not a lot of info for a dramatically new camera. News here of the Hy6 is proving kind of stealthy...

I'd love to know what can't be found from the Franke & Heidecke PDF, or the Sinar web site. So if you have delivery dates for the new 6x6 back (designated 6060) or the 90º viewfinder or news of new lenses, post it!

If you know of special features of the camera of particular interest to analogue users, please post it too--even if it's in the brochure--it'll give us something to talk about.

If you've got your hands on one or know of reviews, please post details!

When everyone has contributed what we know we'll all be able to make an informed decision whether we want to purchase this nifty new camera or not.

Best,
Andre.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143227\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[attachment=3457:attachment]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Frotz

• http://
Rollei Hy6
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 12:51:15 pm »

Thierry,

Thank you so much for your VERY detailed posting with this up-to-date news on this new camera.

I'm glad to be found wrong on new lenses (esp. Flektogon 35mm!!!) and happy to see the 6x6 back is moving along nicely. The image with the features is very welcome and handy to keep as reference. I'm also excited to soon be able to put this baby in my hands--perhaps by year end in NY...

Until then I think it's time to save my pennies, as my Mum would say, if I want one--and I want one!

Any others with info, PLEASE share!

My best to all, especially Thierry for helping so generously!
Andre.

Nemo

Rollei Hy6
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 06:25:47 am »

Hasselblad has closed their H system. The Hy6 solution is the only really open one at tis moment, isn't?

I would like to read a review (or comment) about this camera by Michael Reichmann.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 06:27:45 am by Nemo »
Pages: [1]   Go Up