Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Options for displaying & presenting work  (Read 1666 times)

switters

Options for displaying & presenting work
« on: October 01, 2007, 12:26:59 pm »

I fell in love with photography two years ago and jumped head first into the world of DSLRs and the digital darkroom.  I have no experience whatsoever with wet darkroom procedures, and no background at all in presenting photographic work.  

I recently purchases an Epson R2400 and after much trial and error have learned how to produce some very nice prints.  I particularly like the fine art matte papers like Photo Rag and William Turner.  So far I've been matting and framing them, and my house is now full of my work from the past two years (which is very satisfying!)

Now that my wall space is full , I'd like to explore other options for displaying and presenting work.  In particular, I'm interested in methods that showcase the texture of the papers I've come to love.  It seems that as soon as the image goes behind glass/acrylic, it's difficult to get a sense of the "feel" of the paper anymore - which is a shame, since for me that is a big part of the experience of the print.  Also, I tend to organize my work in projects, so it would be nice to have some creative methods of presenting finished projects.

I've seen things like the Hahnemuhle Photo Albums and Photo Rag Inkjet Cards, which look interesting.  But I'm also curious about more "traditional" processes like dry mounting, etc.  I'm a novice here, so whatever you could share would be appreciated, including links to books or online resources that would teach me more.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up