Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whichh 24-inch printer for a dumb-ass?  (Read 1867 times)

John Camp

Whichh 24-inch printer for a dumb-ass?
« on: September 30, 2007, 06:55:30 pm »

If you had a hypothetical guy who wanted to make decent (but not necessarily great) color-accurate photographic prints on a 24" printer with the least amount of fuss and bother, and the shallowest learning curve, where he was not necessarily looking for the absolute finest quality available, or engaging in arguments about IQ, which printer would be best -- the 24" HP, Epson, or Canon?

The photographs would be made on a very limited number of papers, all, perhaps, matte.

Again, this hypothetical guy is looking for the shallowest learning curve, and the least amount of hardware/software fussing. Money is not particularly an object.

JC

John Hollenberg

Whichh 24-inch printer for a dumb-ass?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 07:04:44 pm »

My guess would be the HP.  However, if you are already familiar with Epson printers, there might be less of a learning curve there (but keeping the nozzles clean would involve more effort than either the Canon or HP).  I own the Canon iPF5000, and while the iPF6100 printer sounds like a great printer from what I know and have read, I probably wouldn't recommend it for your application.

--John
Pages: [1]   Go Up