Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: White on black  (Read 2878 times)

OleDK

• http://www.scpconsulting.dk
White on black
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:45:12 pm »

Am I the only one, finding LL's color scheme (white letters on black background) difficult to read? Sometimes, when reading long essays, I actually copy the entire text into word, for easier reading.

I think normal black on white would be easier on the eyes.

Rob C

White on black
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 02:33:21 pm »

Am I the only one, finding LL's color scheme (white letters on black background) difficult to read? Sometimes, when reading long essays, I actually copy the entire text into word, for easier reading.

I think normal black on white would be easier on the eyes.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142929\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think that as long as the lettering doesn´t get too small there is no problem; possibly it´s just a stylistic/editorial preference, though on balance, I suppose I´d also settle for black writing - use of a background colour such as on this page makes it more restful to the eye than pure white; after all, the white on a screen is transmitted light and more intrusive on the senses because of that, unlike reading off a sheet of paper.

The idea of using black is perhaps to make the photographs stand out more - just my guess.

Rob C

LoisWakeman

White on black
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 01:07:01 pm »

No - but it was discussed at length a while ago and I guess this is how it is going to stay. We shouldn't really complain about our host's interior decor I guess

OleDK

• http://www.scpconsulting.dk
White on black
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 03:46:25 pm »

No - but it was discussed at length a while ago and I guess this is how it is going to stay. We shouldn't really complain about our host's interior decor I guess
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143183\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I wasn't aware that this had been discussed before. However, I don't think "complain" is the correct word. If I'm complaining you can't miss it  
Pages: [1]   Go Up