Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting colors between LR and PS  (Read 2032 times)

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Converting colors between LR and PS
« on: September 30, 2007, 09:11:50 am »

I'm trying to split tone a B&W shot with Martian colors. I have a shot open in PS, and am looking at the HSB values, which give a Hue of 20 to 35 (dark to light). But when I plug in the same values in LR, I get an ugly, colder tone. What am I missing - other than opening the JPEG in LR of course? Is LR's split toning using some other system than HSB?

Don't get me started on the percentage vs. 0-255 difference in LR/PS. Adobe, consistency!

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 11:07:32 am »

They're just different tools with different numeric scales. The numbers aren't interchangeable. For LR's split toning you should just adjust the sliders till you like what you see.
Eric Chan

seanmcfoto

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 11:29:13 pm »

They're just different tools with different numeric scales. The numbers aren't interchangeable. For LR's split toning you should just adjust the sliders till you like what you see.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142911\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A little trick to help with this is to hold down the Alt key (Option on Mac) when dragging the Shadow and Highlight sliders. This jumps the saturation to 100, allowing you to see the colour quickly without needing to drag the Saturation slider over.
Sean McCormack
[url=http://lightroom.sea
Pages: [1]   Go Up