Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: another printing question  (Read 2125 times)

bobby18301

another printing question
« on: September 29, 2007, 09:11:24 pm »

When I click on the "Page Setup" or the "Print Settings" or the "Print" buttons from the Lightroom Print module...I always get my same Epson "Print Setup" dialog box. What is the difference between the three buttons if hitting them gives the same resulting dialog box?

seanmcfoto

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 11:30:53 pm »

When I click on the "Page Setup" or the "Print Settings" or the "Print" buttons from the Lightroom Print module...I always get my same Epson "Print Setup" dialog box. What is the difference between the three buttons if hitting them gives the same resulting dialog box?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142792\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For me Page Setup and Print Settings are different, but I suspect that your printer has the Page Setup built into the driver, which is why Lightroom calls the same dialog for both of them. The settings you save in these boxes are saved into a Preset if you click on the Add.. button in the Left panel. As to the dialog appearing in the Print button, I believe it's to allow you a chance to change the settings on the fly (I'm happy to be corrected here), however, if you know the settings are correct already, holding down the Alt key (Option Key on Mac) while clicking Print will skip this dialog and go straight to printing.
Sean McCormack
[url=http://lightroom.sea

Ian Lyons

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 05:08:18 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142792\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

On the PC there is no difference but on the Mac they each have a distinct function. However, for visual consistency both platforms use the same UI (i.e. panel, button, toolbar layout).
Pages: [1]   Go Up