Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: print sizes  (Read 2235 times)

pulley

print sizes
« on: September 29, 2007, 03:39:30 pm »

I have a z2100 and run windows xp. When printing custom sizes do I have to make a new custom size each time in my printer server before I print?

Also, what is the max length that the driver will allow me to print. I print directly from Coreldraw. If length is limited, would Qimage overide the windows driver? I would I have to invest in a Rip?

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
print sizes
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 04:39:31 pm »

Hi,

Regarding QImage, which I have used before I switched to Mac, it was my experience that it would allow pictures of any size. QImage scales the image to the size you want to print. I can recommend it.

It would not replace the driver just use it more intelligently.

Best regards

Erik

I have a z2100 and run windows xp. When printing custom sizes do I have to make a new custom size each time in my printer server before I print?

Also, what is the max length that the driver will allow me to print. I print directly from Coreldraw. If length is limited, would Qimage overide the windows driver? I would I have to invest in a Rip?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142734\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Erik Kaffehr

William Chitham

print sizes
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 12:09:15 pm »

Also, what is the max length that the driver will allow me to print. I print directly from Coreldraw. If length is limited, would Qimage overide the windows driver? Would I have to invest in a Rip?

I can't speak for the 2100 but on my 3100ps the max length is limited to 3.2m or thereabouts - the maximum page size allowed by the driver. So far my efforts to beat this using page tiling from Qimage or Illustrator (a well known dodge that works with large format Epsons) have failed because I can't find a way to prevent the printer leaving a gap between pages.

Will.

T_om

print sizes
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 02:22:40 pm »

I print directly from Coreldraw. If length is limited, would Qimage overide the windows driver? I would I have to invest in a Rip?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142734\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Qimage, which I use ALL the time, is not a RIP... although it is sometimes described as the "poor man's RIP".

It uses the pre-installed drivers, it does not replace them.  Whatever the driver limits are, so then is Qimage limited.

Tom

Ernst Dinkla

print sizes
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 03:16:19 pm »

Qimage, which I use ALL the time, is not a RIP... although it is sometimes described as the "poor man's RIP".

It uses the pre-installed drivers, it does not replace them.  Whatever the driver limits are, so then is Qimage limited.

Tom
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The hidden seamless stitching method allowed Qimage users to go beyond certain pixel number limits other software had and it worked well with the Epson drivers. A similar method allowed longer prints with Illustrator and CorelDraw than possible with Photoshop.  It is true that if a driver doesn't allow the print page length you want you can not print beyond that driver limit (Epson 3800 driver limit for example). But quite often the driver max length could/can not be used in practice because other limits in the application etc you print from do not allow that length, either after you push the button, halfway processing or in worst case at 90% in actual printing. Over the last 5 years Photoshop, OS systems, printer drivers and Qimage all got higher pixel number limits and/or longer length limits and/or better memory control but the chances you have with Qimage to print the total print page length of the driver are usually better.  Whether RIPs solve this in a similar way or just by using higher limits doesn't make the distinction. They can usually bypass the OS driver system but the latest OS systems are not limited on that part either.

There's another thread in this list about the Z models that mentions a driver limit in practice below the print page length selection possible in the same driver. I have not needed the lengths so far so can not confirm that. Qimage should be able to deal with that. The 10 mm white gaps that appear according to William might be taken away with one of the margin cut options in the driver but I have not tried that. William reported other issues with Qimage print page margins that I do not have so this can be a related issue. I have other issues with the Z3100 driver and Qimage from time to time, reinstalled the driver two days ago for that reason.

Ernst Dinkla

try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]

pulley

print sizes
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 09:38:29 pm »

Thanks all for the info. I've only printed up to 48" so far. I will be printing a 96" banner very soon. Hopefully no problems!
Pages: [1]   Go Up