Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: How does Aptus 75 compare to Sinar eMotion 75 ?  (Read 28411 times)

yaya

How does Aptus 75 compare to Sinar eMotion 75 ?
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2007, 06:26:33 pm »

yaya.
that lc11 is out and people seems to be content with it has nothing to do with the advantages i am claiming in favour of the emotion backs and its faster ( and i.m.o. better ) workflow.
i know where is the actual "state of the art" of the aptus75 backs, your gain adjuster and lc11.

btw,- aside tethered shooting - i cannot see much sense that every maker tries to invent the wheel again in spending lots of money to write its own software.
i would understand that, if the file quality would be higher than in third party sw,- but this seems not to be the case as far i can see,- although of course everybody is free to like one sw more than another and lc11 seems to be successfull and most people who use it, like it.

i am not comparing lc11 and capture shop because both are not interesting me.
i dont like the camera-makers software , neither from sinar, nor from leaf, nor from hasselblad/ imacon. i am tempted to make an exception here for phase, mainly because it is an "open" software and supports many 35mm cameras as well as the phase backs.

i compare sinar + leaf here in terms of workspeed, workflow, quality and issues ( CF ),- if white references have to be taken and applied to various files, as it should be done with architecture systems, as long shift lenses are used.
i cannot see how this changed with lc11 in a way that you could reach in practical environments even the half of the speed you can get with the sinar/brumbaer workflow.
again: i am not talking abut lc11or cs. i am comparing ALL software workflows which are available for these two backs,- in case of sinar i speak about brumbaer tools not about captureshop.

did you try it out with - lets say 20 files with different white files? do it and measure the time instead of  claiming that "others" dont know what about they write.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143135\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Rainer,

I agree with you with regards to choices when it comes to editing and processing of RAW files. The more "open" the systems are, the better it will be for the end user.
However, at least at this point in time, there are back-specific issues, such as colour casts or colour moire that need to be addressed by the manufacturer's own software simply because 3rd party apps still do not offer such facilities. (I hope it's OK if I treat Stephan's tools as they were a Sinar product, since they only support these backs).

With regards to our Custom Gain adjuster: the flow is fairly simple: Select the diffused image (can be shot in the field or in the studio before/ after), select a destination folder, set the level of fallpff correction and leave it to run through the files.
There is a built-in tolerance that will cover small aperture and shift changes so you don't have to create a diffused file for each and every combination.
I believe (and people here can correct me if I'm wrong) that just like you have gained your skill and speed in setting Stephan's SW up, one can gain the same skill with practically any tool.

The fact that the files remain in Leaf mosaic format helps if one needs to revert to previous image parameters from WB to crop to input profile and to then apply or re-process the files. These files can become the new (corrected) originals.

Of course none of these solutions is perfect and there's some more to be desired as far as sensor-related issues. Hopefully we'll see improvements coming from the sensor and lens manufacturers sooner rather than later.

Yair

AndreNapier

• Andre Napier Photography
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2007, 07:30:38 pm »

Dear Yair,

I would appreciate your answer on this, since André does not seem to answer or know about it.

Can you jump in here?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Thierry
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thierry,
I thought that the way you ask the question was an answer by itself and I've seen no reason to answer. By the way I do not know of any pro photog who keeps complete sets of Hassy H, Contax 645 and Mamiya645 and keeps switching plates by removing 4 screws so in practice I would not overrate the value of this feature. In the film era there was few photogs who use to switch bodies as they please during the same session. Now days people switch cameras system because they are not happy with their work or their digital back performance.  
For most of this topic I stayed away because I do not have any good first hand knowledge about Sinar modern offerings and would hate to add to mass misinformation. While back I tried 54M and got horrified for life. New backs may be superb - I do not know. The only think I know for certain is that after seven years and hundreds of thousand of frames with various Phase One back I made my move to Aptus75 - 75S and could not be happier.
IF SINAR IS AS GOOD THAN WE ARE ALL WINNERS AND THERE IS NO REASONS TO ARGUE!!!!!
[a href=\"http://AndreNapier.com]http://AndreNapier.com[/url]

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2007, 08:29:21 pm »

Dear Andre,

No, I did not. I simply do not know and wanted to be informed, since you wrote "to H mount on Rz, Fuji68 etc...." And I still don't know what is possible excatly.

It is may be not important for all, that there is the possibility to switch from one camera body to another brand, but others have different opinions about this and I simply want to inform about this possibility with a Sinarback, any.

I am kind of surprised that a SB 54M has given you such a bad experience, since it is certainly one of our big success in terms of quality and skin tones rendition. Have a look at Sarah's work with this back: she is one out of other fashion/beauty photogs using this back and her clients praise the quality of the file and skin tones.

http://www.sarahsilver.com/

Andre: I did not and do not argue about quality, or about one brand being better than an other, far from me this idea, and I doubt you have ever seen me doing so. You did misunderstand my point. I simply cannot admit that somebody puts in doubt a member's credibility and posts by suggesting him to stop writing and at the same time not namimg him, being it a Sinar user or not. This is simply not acceptable, and it did not happen for the first time. Respect of the work (which was here not put in doubt) and of the knowledge/experience should be the base to any communication, and answering by facts, counter-arguments and one's own knowledge should be the way to do for me.

BTW, it is not only today that I had a look at your work, but since we are here now in direct contact, I wish to say that I like it much.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thierry,
I thought that the way you ask the question was an answer by itself and I've seen no reason to answer. By the way I do not know of any pro photog who keeps complete sets of Hassy H, Contax 645 and Mamiya645 and keeps switching plates by removing 4 screws so in practice I would not overrate the value of this feature. In the film era there was few photogs who use to switch bodies as they please during the same session. Now days people switch cameras system because they are not happy with their work or their digital back performance. 
For most of this topic I stayed away because I do not have any good first hand knowledge about Sinar modern offerings and would hate to add to mass misinformation. While back I tried 54M and got horrified for life. New backs may be superb - I do not know. The only think I know for certain is that after seven years and hundreds of thousand of frames with various Phase One back I made my move to Aptus75 - 75S and could not be happier.
IF SINAR IS AS GOOD THAN WE ARE ALL WINNERS AND THERE IS NO REASONS TO ARGUE!!!!!
http://AndreNapier.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143256\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

yaya

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2007, 03:26:34 am »

Dear Yair,

I would appreciate your answer on this, since André does not seem to answer or know about it.

Can you jump in here?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143111\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think that at this point we should both just let it go as we are starting to bore the folks here.

For your question, we make backs in 4 different mounts and each one of them fits more than 1 camera, either via adapters made by Leaf or adapters made by 3rd party vendors. None of these adapter require tools or screws. One can choose to change the mount if he/ she switches 645 platforms for a reasonable price.

This subject has been covered here many a time before.

Peace

Yair

thsinar

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2007, 03:32:09 am »

Did I say something?! You know what I mean and that I will jump in for such things and each time. Period.

You do not answer the question clearly: which mounts fit which cameras?
Even though covered apparently here already many times, I am not aware of it: any link?

That is not very helpful information, indeed. I remember having answered any question at a time when you asked me details about a p2 configuration.

Best regards,
Thierry

edited for PS: I do really not need any teacher-style comments. I am not a school boy.

I think that at this point we should both just let it go as we are starting to bore the folks here.

For your question, we make backs in 4 different mounts and each one of them fits more than 1 camera, either via adapters made by Leaf or adapters made by 3rd party vendors. None of these adapter require tools or screws. One can choose to change the mount if he/ she switches 645 platforms for a reasonable price.

Peace

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143328\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 03:35:08 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2007, 03:37:05 am »

Thierry,
http://AndreNapier.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143256\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i changed from hasselblad to contax using still the same back,- and i use my backs at the moment on gottschalt, contax and sometimes on sinarM camera,- all with different mounts.
the mounts have 3 screws and there is not any problem to change them " on the fly ".

btw. i used the 54h ( the multishot brother of the 54m ) for a  museum bookwork this year.
incredible detail and colors in 16shot mode,- althoug not easy to get there.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 03:46:05 am by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

TechTalk

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2007, 12:45:02 am »

Peace

Yair
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Every digtal back has by design compromises, advantages, disadvantages and limitations. It is up to the user to determine the best fit for their particular needs and personal preferences.

One limitation in the design of backs that have fixed camera mounts is the range of cameras to which they can be attached and/or fully integrate. The range is vastly expanded with an interchangeable mount system.

Fixed mount backs do not allow the user to interchange between different 6x6 or 645 systems. They will adapt up to 6x7, 6x8 and large format camera systems. How well integrated the back is with a 6x7 or 6x8 camera varies. In the case of the Leaf, it integrates well with a Mamiya RZ and not as well with a Fuji GX680. Whether or not this is of any importance will most certainly vary from one user to another. This does not imply that there are not other advantages or features that makers of fixed mount systems have in the design of their product.

The value of having interchangeable mounts was questioned by another poster "I do not know of any pro photog who keeps complete sets of Hassy H, Contax 645 and Mamiya645 and keeps switching plates by removing 4 screws". Well, I don't know anyone with "complete sets" of multiple autofocus 645 systems either. They are far too similar to each other in vintage, format and function for that to seem logical. On the other hand, I certainly know photographers that started with an old Hasselblad 500 C/M and later added a 645 autofocus camera of one brand or another and perhaps at some point aquired a Fuji GX680 or Mamiya RZ/RB. For them, the value of interchangeable mounts is real and tangible. For others, it may not be.

In short, the added versatility of interchangeable mount (open system) digital backs is important to some and no concern to others. The same is true of any feature or capability.

[a href=\"http://www.hasselbladusa.com/media/890fe86e-d85c-4295-9aa4-9705acfcbb12-CF_UK.pdf]Link to Hasselblad Interchangeable Mounts[/url]

Link to Sinar Interchangeable Mounts
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 01:05:49 am by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2007, 03:30:14 am »

I use several systems, eg.

DigiFlex II
Flexbody
503CW
H2

Before this I also used

Truewide
MiniWide

This is one of the reasons I currently work with the CF39. I do know several people that have multiple complete 645 systems. They are even bigger freaks than I am

The interchangeable mount also has disadvantages. I have had problems with focussing one of my DigiFlex bodies. For this I thought I needed a shim kit. Fortunately loosening the screws somewhat fixed it as well. Mind you I had to loosen them about 1/2 turn. Now how is that for critical?

Before I had a Leaf Aptus17 which felt sturdier and gave a more comfortable feeling to work with. I liked the histogram of the Leaf much better. The white balancing with the touch screen was awesome (I know it is not important but I still like to see my images come in more or less the way I want them).

I agree with Techtalk that every back has things going for it as well as against it.

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2007, 05:13:57 am »

In short, the added versatility of interchangeable mount (open system) digital backs is important to some and no concern to others. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143511\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For an interchangable mount is also some kind of future proofing (possibly)

It increases the probablity that when a MF system with decent multipoint AF becomes available I will be able to switch to that system

Or if an open system comes about that beats the H1 system I currently use I could swap to that - this may happen with the Hy6 system if they get thier act together on lenses

(however I will still have to wait a couple of years until there are used HYs around before I could afford)

many seem to think that MF backs only last a couple of years

I dont know why this is - no moving parts mean they should go for millions of captures and if say you shoot under studio lights and print A3 then increases in speed or quality are irrelevant

I was only happy to spend the bucks on my back because I factored the cost over five years rather than my typical three or 18months for DSLRs

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

thsinar

« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2007, 10:33:07 am »

Dear Sam,

If this can reassure you about the lasting of MFDBs, I can tell you that the "living" average of such a back is certainly far over 2 years. Many of the photographers I know or I have met have them for much longer, being it Sinarbacks or other brands. When they change them, it is often because they want a newer technology or a higher resolution, etc ...., not because they are dead. These backs then get refurbished or then go the second-hand way, continuing their life.

I visited recently some studios where they used the very first generation of SB 22 (not the 22 MPx sensor, but the Loral 4 MPx sensor!): that was built 14 years ago. And there are still dozen of people using this back. Same with the very first generation of Leaf DCB's, same with the 6 MPx Philips sensor backs. That was more than 10 years back, and they are still actively living!

The only problem sometimes is the availability of some electronical components of such products, when they need to be changed. But so far 5 years of servicing is not a problem.

Best regards,
Thierry

many seem to think that MF backs only last a couple of years

I dont know why this is - no moving parts mean they should go for millions of captures and if say you shoot under studio lights and print A3 then increases in speed or quality are irrelevant

I was only happy to spend the bucks on my back because I factored the cost over five years rather than my typical three or 18months for DSLRs

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143541\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 10:34:42 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2007, 02:47:10 pm »

the open vs closed system debate is a bit old....i shot with a mamiya mount P30 back...i can mount that on a 645afdII, one of the fastest AF systems (for medium format) out there, smaller, lighter and cheaper then all others....i can mount it on the RZ, one of the most proven studio workhorses of the last 15 years...with a system including a huge range of excellent lenses ans everything from macro to T/S adapters and lenses....if i want more movements or true WA i can mountit on pretty much any large format out there.....there is also a adapter for the GX680 if i want that....
i can't mount it on a contax or a hasselblad, if i wanted eitehr of these systems, i would have gotten it in that mount...my valeo was a hassV mount...glad i got rid of both....
yes what i would like is to put it on a rollei...but...whatever...maybe one day...do i blame rollei or phase for that? ther are some things i can't do anything about, so i don't worry about it too much....the emotion would have sollved that problem, but i did not want to pay for that, so i am happy with what i have....very happy...

my P30 will produce near 4x5 quality up to 800 iso every 1.5 sec for probably the rest of my life....if i take care of it....longer then any camera, car, computer (ha!)....people tend to forget about that....there will probably a back, the P95 that will shoot near 8x10, up to 3200 iso every 1 sec.....yes, i will look into that....

both the aptus and the emotion can produce amazing results....but the more time i invest in all this, the more i find out that with all the sensors and backs being so advanced, the cameras and especially the lenses (which for the most part have stopped develpoment years ago) can;t keep up...so in my experiencei would rather have a lower res. back with a better lens then a higher res back with a crappy one....which is why i really, really like the rollei/schneider combos....nothing comes close.....it will be really interesting to see a test between the Hy6/emotion and the Afi/leaf....then the backs will be tested with the best lenses and ther will be no excuses....

i just sold my 645 stuff, because as good as the mamiya 645 lenses are (they can easily keep up with any other 645 system), they can't compare to the RZ lenses.....so there i am.....

you can imagine how i feel about the new canons/nikons....too much depends on the lenses....

raicerx

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2008, 11:44:25 am »

cant wait for a new capture program for sinar backs. any word on release date would be great
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 12:00:02 pm by raicerx »

favalim

• photograficastudio.net
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2008, 02:28:59 pm »

I'm a Sinar back owner from less than 2 mounths and I agree with you about the bad service support from Sinar: I payed a lot for the e75LV and HY6 and no manuals (paper or cd) were supplied. The software is crappy when shooting tethered, it crashes down very usually during the day. But ... before to buy it I compared it with Leaf 7 wich has a better software but, to my eyes and teste, worst file. I also shooted with a Phase One P21 and till now I can say that I haven't seen a file that looks like film as the Sinar do. Just let's hope they understand the importance of a valid support.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 02:29:30 pm by favalim »

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2008, 07:31:43 pm »

there are some reasons why exist the brumbaer tools.
they do a pretty fine job,- even with leopard......, so why not to use them.
( ofcourse i understand what you are telling ).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 07:32:51 pm by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

thsinar

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2008, 09:45:27 pm »

I do understand your frustration and shall try to address these problems. I have contacted both of you by PM to send me some more details about your particular case and to get your contacts.
I cannot comment here and at this stage without these details.

However:

"raicerx":

I would suggest you to contact me directly, when you have the feeling that the distributor or Sinar does not provide the service/follow-up you are expecting. I do myself take any request seriously and do follow it up until the customer has got an answer to his issue(s)

"favalim":

Same as for "raicerx", and:

I simply wonder about a few of your points. We did not deliver Hy6 cameras or systems 2 months ago (end of November): the only units delivered were for our distributors and as demo units/kits.

1. The manual was THEN not ready (it is yet)

2. Tethered shooting was THEN not supported:

- Captureshop for tethered use of Hy6 was not released
- FW for eMotion 75 for tethered use of the Hy6 was not released (FW 5.0 has been released 1 week ago only)

3. You should have got a CD with your Sinarback: this is part of any Sinarback or Sinar Hy6 system:

I ca only see a mistake/fault from the distributor's side. No back leaves Sinar without CD and a manual. Actually there are 2 CD's delivered with each back:

1 CD with:

- Manual for Sinar Hy6
- Mostrecent version of Captureshop
- "Read Me" file for the use of the particular CS version

1 CD with:

- Manual for eMotion 75 (or 54)
- "Reference Files" for the particular back

I have got already details from "raicerx" and am able now to follow-up. May I ask some more details from you as well?

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Prakash Patel

• http://www.prakashpatel.com
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2008, 12:46:46 am »

I have owned a Sinar emotion 75 for a little over a year now and use it with my rollei 6008. I have had 3 computers for capture and nothing but problems. My back has gone down 2 times and the loaner even went down while I was waiting 3 months for my back to be repaired. In my experience Sinar is sleeping at the wheel. The image quality is good but support is horrible, 3 months for a warranty repair? And the software ridiculously buggy, crashes when exporting more than one image, crashes when shooting to the laptop and the lid closes on the laptop, or whenever it really just feels like it. I have done all the updates to back and software and computer. Also I never even got an instruction book for the back or the software it took me a month or so to even find the various process functions you so cleverly hide in the grey area of the process tab that requires a right click to locate ( or alt click ) I have yelled about these things for a year now. Oh yeah and what about the famous STI in bridge data sabotage "little" bug. Your company's response, we sent an email and made a post about that a few months ago. Are you kidding me. There should be men in white lab coats showing up at the doorstep of every photographer shooting in STI to tell them "uh hey uh dont try using bridge to organize your STI files or you may never see them again " I am mad yeah can you tell. I am posting this so that other photographers who are using your products can join up and demand a little effort from you guys at Sinar for our $25,000.00 spent. And I also hope that you get on it and actually fix some of these basic issues. Better yet just program the backs to shoot in DNG and forget the STI. I am converting mine to DNG with Brumbauer tools anyway. But for god's sake man don't release another version of thatsoftware without fixing at least some of these things. Ok I know you fixed the bridge thing, a year later, and a year after I lost 5 of my clients shots to your little glitch.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=171261\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sorry to hear about your experience, I have had the exact opposite experience............in fact I would say that I have virtual 24/7 support. I don't know your identity or your geographic location, but I am in the US and can talk to my dealer @ Calumet via phone during the day or evening. When its night time, I usually prefer to contact Thierry ( I think it 12 hours difference to Thailand). There have been times when I was evaluating the gear that Rainer_V and Stefan Hess (Dr. Brumbaer) have assisted me through little jams and glitches. While not as extensive as the virtual 24/7 Sinar support, the same is true of the Leaf support............you can always get Rick Adshead on the phone or Yair via email, as well as  knowledgeable reps  like Steve Hendrix @ PPR.

The Sinar back is unusal in the marketplace in that you have the option of an integrated and/or a non integrated solution both in terms of hardware ( adapter plates) and software  (Leaf offers this as well but only in software options.....you can use LC or raw software of you choice with gain files applied to the raw files).

I shoot architecture, so the demands on the sensor are greater than a studio shooter (moderate wides and teles, axial lenses and typically short exposures with consistent light sources)......ultra wide angle lenses with non axial lens movements and  add to that longish exposures and various mixed light sources.

I have found for my use that the non integrated software solution (Brumbaer Tools) works spectacularly. The file quality is just amazing and the workflow that Stefan and Rainer  colloborated is the best non tethered solution in the market place in my opinion. It is so simple to use and produces such sophisticated tonal ranges...........its simply astonishing not having to use
photoshop for fixing menial things like color and tonality. My post production time involvement is dramatically reduced to execute normal file prep issues.

Its actually astonishing how a couple guys( Stefan & Rainer) have identified issues and designed a software that the major players (hassy,phase,leaf and sinar) can't even produce.
Specifically LCC,gainfiles, & white reference files applied to raw files and having the ability process through 3rd party softwares.

Its actually hard to comprehend why these solutions from the big 4 are not being addressed more aggressively............architectural/landscape shooters require larger megapixel sensors, its not a luxury item for us. I cannot do my job well with a canon or a nikon fulframe camera.

If you prefer an integrated software solution you can use Capture Shop  or the upcoming Xposure............I hope that it will also support the Brumbaer DNG.
The great thing is that you have options.........you can use Brumbaer and take the DNG through
developer of your choice or take the raw files through the manufacturer's integrated software
solution. The adapter plates give you hardware options to many optical platforms and there is  the  HY6 if you prefer an integrated optical and receptor solution.

If file quality is the most important selection criteria.............go for an emotion back  and if you want the sensor to perform like the hot rods in Mad Max use the Brumbaer tools: its like the nitro
valve in those race cars. If you needs are more general and universal, it can also driven like a minivan.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 12:51:21 am by Prakash Patel »

fpoole

• http://www.frankpoole.com
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2008, 12:24:18 pm »

I am always upset to hear of colleague's bad experiences with equipment issues. There is nothing worse than something going down during a shoot, with a client in the room.  It all used to be so simple.  To quote a line from "The Godfather" - "This is the business we have chosen". It's hard enough making a living in photography these days and the complexity of image capture now is something none of us could have dreamed of 15years ago.    But it is all slowly getting better.  Emphasis on slowly.

I too, like Prakesh, have had the opposite experience with Sinar support.  I can't tell you about Leaf or Phase support as I have no history with them, but I am sure they are all about equal. First at the dealer level, Ulsaker Studios in New England has been incredible with rentals, loaner equipment and a wealth of knowledge and experience from actually working for years with this stuff.  And I have to add here that I didn't even buy my original equipment from them, and that they are the same distance as nyc for me.  Same experience with the USA distributor Sinar Bron and regional reps.  And then there is Theirry, whom I've never met, is thousands of miles away and I feel that he is a friend  just "down the street".  He is always available to answer my sometimes ignorant questions, and, if it is something he can't answer he will refer my question to the appropriate person at the factory in Switzerland.  

If I had any major issues with this company I would be the first on this board bashing, but I don't.
Why did I choose a 54H and P3?-because it is the best tool for my work. The interchangeable adapters is jsut a bonus for me as I use it on Contax 645 also, or something else in the future. Yes, Captureshop leaves a something to be desired.  I compare it to my Ford f-150 pickup-no frills but a good work truck, simple and relatively stable. I know of Brumbaer Tools thanks to Ranier V. and I've gotten as far as downloading it but just haven't had the time to set it up yet.  Exposure is real, I've seen it and it's coming, but maybe not as fast as we hope, especially tethered support for last generation backs such as mine.  

How many years did it take Nikon to develop the D3? In my opinion, the first digital 35 that is mechanically on a par with the F5, and the best 35mm file quality currently available. Nikon support/software???-terrible- don't get me started-besides this is the wrong board for Nikon bashing.
Best,
Frank Poole
www.frankpoole.com

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #77 on: February 02, 2008, 01:27:26 pm »

I'm disappointed to hear that some Sinar dealers are letting the team down. Bad news spreads far and quickly and can create a distorted impression of a company.

I have been dealing with Thierry and directly with Sinar in Switzerland. Thierry, especially, has been very responsive and helpful and in fact delivering MORE than I have a right to expect. He is truly an asset to Sinar. Thierry, the vodka shots are on me if you are ever in Tallinn  

raicerx

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2008, 12:07:40 pm »

Follow up. I am writing to say that Thierry has been abundantly helpful. No real problems solved yet but at least an ally on the fight. Brumbaer is said to have a tether program but has stopped distributing it. But in any case I agree with the aforementioned note, why do we have to rely on a private individual to do the work we pay Sinar to do. It blows me away. Ok I am going to lay back now. I changed my post as it seems to have too much anger in it but I feel that anger coming up again so I will stop and just say to the big heads at Sinar. Get to work and fix the problems.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up