Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge startup on CF card download  (Read 5902 times)

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
Bridge startup on CF card download
« on: September 28, 2007, 08:39:37 pm »

When I installed Bridge CS3 I enabled the automatic download using bridge when I plugged a  CF card into my card reader. I lost that when I tried out Downloader Pro, any idea how to get that back? Can't find anything in bridge preferences.

frankiegee

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 07:08:31 pm »

Launch Bridge and then go under the File menu and choose Get Photos from Camera (I believe the dialogue box will ask you if you want Photo Downloader to always download photos when a camera or card is detected).

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 08:20:19 pm »

Launch Bridge and then go under the File menu and choose Get Photos from Camera (I believe the dialogue box will ask you if you want Photo Downloader to always download photos when a camera or card is detected).
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142781\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That is the manual way to do it, but that selection doesn't stick, and I have to select get photos each time.

frankiegee

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 08:56:09 pm »

If you want Bridge to download your photos automatically, click on Preferences and click General. Under Behavior click on "When a Camera is Connected, Launch Adobe Photo Downloader".

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 09:09:33 pm »

If you want Bridge to download your photos automatically, click on Preferences and click General. Under Behavior click on "When a Camera is Connected, Launch Adobe Photo Downloader".
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142788\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Strange, I don't have that option under preferences. Here is a a screen shot of my preferences.

frankiegee

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 09:30:07 pm »

Shaun,
I'm on a Mac but your Preferences list is a little different than mine. I have two additional items in Favorite Items that you don't: Bridge Home and Start Meeting. When I had problems with Bridge Preferences, I had to clear the cache. I don't know how to assist but a search for purging the cache or calling Adobe would be your best bet. Even if your OS is different, I would think you should have the option to launch Photo Downloader automatically listed.

picnic

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 10:39:18 pm »

Strange, I don't have that option under preferences. Here is a a screen shot of my preferences.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142791\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

On PC I believe that's a preference from within Windows (XP Pro).  I wanted to stop that since I have mine set to dl for LR--and the dialog was a Windows dialog, not Bridges (I scoured Bridges and PS for several days looking for an option to change it).  I've spent some time trying to find how to bring up the dialog box--mine just automatically opens when I insert a card into my card reader.  When that happens, you have the option to do another of things--one of which is to choose where the dl will go to--and you can tell it to do that every time.  Try putting a card in your reader and see if you get the dialog.  I haven't found any way so far to bring it up---have read Win help, scoured the control panel, tried 'scanners and cameras' there, etc.

Diane

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 07:28:51 am »

I am part way there, if I right click on the drive letter of the CF card reader, I have the option to change the Autoplay, and I can select Bridge. So it is fixed for my CF card reader.
 But if I plug my G9 directly via the USB cable and right click on the G9 drive letter, I have a different set of options, Autoplay not included, I can select a program to start when the camera is plugged in, but Bridge is not among the selections, and I can't browse for it. What a PITA. At this point I will go buy a new card reader that reads CF and SD cards.

picnic

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 09:35:16 am »

I At this point I will go buy a new card reader that reads CF and SD cards.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142886\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I did exactly that but not because of the autoplay.  In accuality, I deleted that because sometimes I want to open in LR, sometimes in Bridge (sometimes I don't 'import' to LR).  I had a reader for just CF, so I had to buy one anyhow--bought one that reads most cards--but esp. my SD and CF cards.  I get an automatic dialog box when I put in a card.

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up