Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambo Wide DS price  (Read 16975 times)

jmboss

Cambo Wide DS price
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 05:11:43 am »

I've seen the new compact version of the camera and I think it looks very good though I didn't get a chance to hold it. It has sufficient movement for current MF backs and lenses. I think only my 72L has a big enough image circle to tax its movements while with the 47 and 35 its well matched.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184350\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm surprised that in this age of compact digital P&S and Cell Phone cameras,  nobody has yet posted any photos of this new smaller Cambo shift camera.  I understand it's called the model RS.

Joe Bossuyt

jonstewart

Cambo Wide DS price
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 05:58:31 am »

Why is the Rodenstock 35mm lens so much cheaper than the Schneider 35mm.  Does the Schneider have superior optics?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142765\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

From what I've read / heard the Schneider 35xl is much better than the Rodenstock. (I think we might be on a similar quest for wide /shift /tilt camera.

If it's of interest, I'm probably going to go for the Silvestri Flexicam, especially if they confirm they are developing a stitching back for it.

Hope this helps
Jon
Jon Stewart
 If only life were so simple.

Leonardo Barreto

• http://leonardobarreto.com/
Cambo Wide DS price
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 06:57:15 am »

"I've seen the new compact version of the camera and I think it looks very good though I didn't get a chance to hold it. It has sufficient movement for current MF backs and lenses. I think only my 72L has a big enough image circle to tax its movements while with the 47 and 35 its well matched.

For what I see in the photo the Cambo Wide Compact Body doesn't seam to have movements, but there is little information that can be googled so I could be wrong.

This are the specs

Body Dimensions (W x H x D)

* 6.5 x 5.9 x 3.2" (165 x 150 x 82mm) - without lens panel

Weight

* 1.54 lbs (700 g) - without lenspanel

Product Features

The WDC-Hv Wide Compact Body comes complete with [back]interface for use with compatible digital backs. It also comes with a handgrip, cable release, spirit levels, tripod mounting, hooks for a handstrip and accessory shoe. The tripod mount has a 3/8" thread as well as Cambo's quick release profile.

The Wide Compact body accepts the full range of Cambo WDS-Digital lenspanels as for use with the Wide DS, from 24 up to 90 mm focal length. An accessory shoe allows for the use of Cambo's WDS-580 viewfinder or any other applicable viewfinder solution.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 06:58:31 am by Leonardo Barreto »
[font=Comic Sa

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
Cambo Wide DS price
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 07:56:56 am »

Leonardo,

I think free1000 was referring to the new RS model, which, like the Alpa Max has all movements  on the back, and will not take 4x5 film like the WideDS.

Cheers,
Kumar

Leonardo Barreto

Cambo Wide DS price
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 11:56:37 am »

I can't find any link to the Cambo RS model, even in the Cambo web site...

Only WDS and WDC

Can you please post a link to the RS model announcement? Thanks

Leonardo,

I think free1000 was referring to the new RS model, which, like the Alpa Max has all movements  on the back, and will not take 4x5 film like the WideDS.

Cheers,
Kumar
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184375\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[font=Comic Sa

jmboss

Cambo Wide DS price
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 05:41:35 pm »

I can't find any link to the Cambo RS model, even in the Cambo web site...

Only WDS and WDC

Can you please post a link to the RS model announcement? Thanks
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184437\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's one of the challenges here. The Cambo RS camera has been on demo at some of the shows, but no official annoucement about it has yet been made. I was hoping someone might have grabbed a few quick photos of it, but so far that has not been the case.

Joe Bossuyt

Leonardo Barreto

Cambo Wide DS price
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 06:21:58 pm »

I wonder when will someone think of making one with a rangefinder and thumb crank (like a Leica). Just make a mechanical COMPUR so that you could mount your expensive glass on it...

like the Bronica -- but made by Sinar or Mamiya -- that would accept a back...

That's one of the challenges here. The Cambo RS camera has been on demo at some of the shows, but no official annoucement about it has yet been made. I was hoping someone might have grabbed a few quick photos of it, but so far that has not been the case.

Joe Bossuyt
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184544\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[font=Comic Sa

Leonardo Barreto

Cambo Wide DS price
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 07:52:40 pm »

something like this

and the lenses will be like this
[font=Comic Sa

pixjohn

Cambo Wide DS price
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 09:49:16 pm »

I am not sure if its physically possible, but a dream camera would be Lens  - SLR body - Digital back.  I am guessing the problem would be lack of space for a mirror. I know Canon use to have a mirror you viewed through that did not move. As I said just a dream.

bryanyc

Cambo Wide DS price
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 10:57:35 pm »

I am not sure if its physically possible, but a dream camera would be Lens  - SLR body - Digital back.  I am guessing the problem would be lack of space for a mirror. I know Canon use to have a mirror you viewed through that did not move. As I said just a dream.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=184593\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think that mirror was called a pellicle mirror- and was for their high speed camera so there was no need to flap a mirror.

I used to love my dumb fuji 6x9's, the Texas Leicas.  In a way they are better than my Alpa SWA because of the framing and the focussing in the rangefinder.  It made it so much more user friendly and hand holdable.

So what is the deal with this cambo rs (the illusive)? Can't we get some info on it: anyone describe it even?  How does it compare to the Alpa?

Streetwise

• DavidAnderson.tv
Cambo Wide DS price
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 11:17:43 pm »

I think that mirror was called a pellicle mirror- and was for their high speed camera so there was no need to flap a mirror.

Correct. The first version of the canon was the Pellix SLR. I still have one actually. It has a fixed mirror that you shoot through. It's kind of funny because this camera has a manual film advance!  Needless to say, the camera didn't sell for long. Then came the EOS RT in the early 90's. It combined the high-speed motor (10fps) of the Canon 6xx series bodies with the pellicle mirror technology of the Pellix. The result was a fast camera with no mirror slap. This made it very fast, and VERY quiet. The downside was (again) shooting through the mirror. The camera only lasted for a few years. I think they also had a version of it for the EOS 1 as well (EOS1 N RS).

Because of the improved sensitivities of today sensors, maybe it would make sense to revisit this idea?

made

• http://www.koculak.de
Cambo Wide DS price
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2008, 03:28:21 pm »

So what is the deal with this cambo rs (the illusive)? Can't we get some info on it: anyone describe it even?  How does it compare to the Alpa?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
[/quote]

Here are the latest infos with pics:

[a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showforum=16]http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showforum=16

jmboss

Cambo Wide DS price
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2008, 04:12:40 am »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up