Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z6100  (Read 2514 times)

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
Z6100
« on: September 27, 2007, 05:09:11 pm »

Anyone running a Z6100? We're getting ready to move in December and I'm considering  getting a new printer  to replace my two HP5000 60" machines.

I've got a Z3100 I use for fine art and "photographic" work, and it's doing well. Seems like the Z 6100 might be a good choice, but feedback from an owner is the best form of knowledge to me.
Regards,
 Marc Sitkin www.digitalmomentum

Mussi_Spectraflow

• http://www.spectraflow.com
Z6100
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 05:58:58 pm »

Anyone running a Z6100? We're getting ready to move in December and I'm considering  getting a new printer  to replace my two HP5000 60" machines.

I've got a Z3100 I use for fine art and "photographic" work, and it's doing well. Seems like the Z 6100 might be a good choice, but feedback from an owner is the best form of knowledge to me.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142289\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I've put a number of these printers in place, and my impression as well as the feedback from our clients has initially been very positive. The 6100's make the 5000 series look under-built! I'm not sure exactly what kind of information your looking for? Generally speaking if you were happy with the 5K you'll be very very impressed by this printer. As a heavy duty production printer, I don't think there is anything better currently. The 11880 from epson may offer up some competition but it will depend on what your main priority is. Speed wise I think the HP is going to take the lead, the Epson will have a larger gamut. Also depends on how your driving it, if your using a RIP or not. The EFI Rip wit the Verifier option will allow you to do automated print verification, good for approval proofs, or basic QA. Media loading is much, much better on the new printer, as is quality. Let me know if you have any specific questions I might be able to answer.

Julian Mussi
Spectraflow, Color Workflow Solutions
www.spectraflow.com
Julian Mussi
 Spectraflow, Color Workflow

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
Z6100
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 11:27:39 am »

Thanks for your reply. I am looking to replace my two HP5000's (dye and pigment) with one new production printer. Any idea how the color gamut of the new Z6100 measures up to the old HP Dye machine on a typical gloss photo type paper? The Z3100 I have is certainly putting out impressive output.

I'll drive it with either a Wasatch or Ergosoft Rip when I have to panel a jog, otherwise Qimage is working well.
Regards,
 Marc Sitkin www.digitalmomentum
Pages: [1]   Go Up