Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: all converted images to a sub folder......how?  (Read 1993 times)

ranjans

all converted images to a sub folder......how?
« on: September 27, 2007, 01:31:43 pm »

When I export images I have to choose every time the parent directory>sub folder to keep my exported images.

Is there a way out that once I set LR to always keep converted images in a sub folder of the "parent directory".

It forces every time to manually choose directory, there must be a  way out.

Nat Coalson

• http://www.NatCoalson.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 06:49:10 pm »

ranjans-

By default, Lightroom will use the most recently selected Destination Folder location for the subsequent export, regardless of the currently active folder or collection.

There is a dropdown menu accessible by the small downward triangle next to the Destination Folder path; Lightroom remembers 20 recent export destinations so you can select from this dropdown.

You can save a Preset that will include the destination folder.

You can also use the Export With Previous command, which will use all the settings from the last export.

Though the Edit in Photoshop command, by default, puts the exported Edit file in the same folder as the Original, the File > Export command does not include an option to specify a subfolder within the current folder as the default export destination.

If you're exporting to a different folder than the previous export, you must specify the destination folder.
Nathaniel Coalson
Author of [url=http://

ranjans

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 02:54:31 am »

Thanks NAT for your detailed reply.

By default, Lightroom will use the most recently selected Destination Folder location for the subsequent export, regardless of the currently active folder or collection.
Why would a  photographer need to export a newest shoot results in the old directory? so I dont understand whats the use of remembering last export directories.

There is a dropdown menu accessible by the small downward triangle next to the Destination Folder path; Lightroom remembers 20 recent export destinations so you can select from this dropdown.
LR assumes that the newest shoot which we imported & now want to export should be to some old exported directory (I cant understand what was on adobe's engineers mind)

You can save a Preset that will include the destination folder
That still does not work as stated above, I need newly imported directory >sub folder to be the default destination of all the exports until I specify other destinations.

If you're exporting to a different folder than the previous export, you must specify the destination folder.
Thats where LR forces me every time to choose export location & its a pain when you have deep rooted directories. I even tried export as catalog of a shoot & then assumed that might export within the same folder, but no it does not.

Seems there is no way out as of now to stop this LR behavior.
Pages: [1]   Go Up