Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are all the Aperture users?  (Read 23869 times)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Where are all the Aperture users?
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 08:12:13 pm »

I still use it along side lightroom.  I think Aperture has some good features, but same for Lightroom.    

Over all the Apple Aperture program has failed to live up to the standards set for other Apple applications - but maybe that's what Apple is going to do from now on. Look at the iphone - no cut and paste?  Come on, Apple that's mediocre BS.  I never would have bought Apeture if I would have known that one year later support for all my cameras would not be provided.

It's a very limited application. If you use it for plain vanilla work then its great. But pro users will be frustrated.  Same goes for Lightroom.   Only one monitor supported?  Why? So limiting!
Rolleiflex USA

996sps

• http://
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 09:58:58 pm »

I have used Aperture since its launch. There have been ups and downs along the way but over time I have grown to accept it and hope that it'll develop into a top notch application that was advertised - some ways to go yet!.

My G5 then was "lacking" to run it properly but I have slowly but surely added the hardware with RAM and two days ago the last upgrade an x800xt graphics card. Now my G5  can match my 15" MBP and it is heaps smoother without the beach ball spinning.

I tried LR in beta but never quite got around to the feel for it. I am sure it is ago product with a strong following. Aperture it is for me.

Steven Draper

• http://www.stevendraperphotography.com
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 10:16:34 am »

I have made repeated attempts to get into aperture since it was first launched.

However as other individual products do individual aspects better (Capture NX for RAW conversion, CS2 (3 soon) I use it less and less. That leaves it as an archival system - but then many web galleries allow that too, (although theft is a concern here too) and I do not need to be on my own computer!

Problems:::

It all stems around Apples initial idea to lock everything into the database. Yes, it keeps all the various files togeather but very few photographers are going to trust their files to a system. And thats because it is very difficult to get RAW files OUT of the database and Apple is not the best convertor.

So the referenced database system was launched and is better for finding files but it defeats the object as I still have several versions of all my images that I have to remember to upload into the database.

So I will keep trying with aperture but time is running out!
image examples are at my website  [url=h

nicolaasdb

• http://
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 05:22:43 am »

I have given it more than one try..pre ordered it, thinking it would be a great easy to use solution...but it was a disaster!! And in my opinion still is...it is  a amateur software program and to expensive even for 299.
Ligthroom just works...the color controls are great...it needs to be improved but it is pro software even in the beta version it was.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up