Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 645AFD/II Focussing Screens  (Read 2343 times)

jonstewart

645AFD/II Focussing Screens
« on: September 27, 2007, 11:35:35 am »

Hi all,
I'm looking for a grid type focusing screen for a 645AFDII. It would seem to be sensible to have one for architectural work (especially when using camera movements). If I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected!

Mamiya have one available, but do any of you kind people use or know of a better screen for this camera? While I might be using it on an AF lens (I have a 35mm, and  might get the 28mm) it's as likely I'll be using with manual focus lenses as well, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance
Jon
Jon Stewart
 If only life were so simple.

canmiya

• beyond stills
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 03:57:49 pm »

Hi all,
I'm looking for a grid type focusing screen for a 645AFDII. It would seem to be sensible to have one for architectural work (especially when using camera movements). If I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected!

Mamiya have one available, but do any of you kind people use or know of a better screen for this camera? While I might be using it on an AF lens (I have a 35mm, and  might get the 28mm) it's as likely I'll be using with manual focus lenses as well, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance
Jon
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142222\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
i use the mamiya grid screen for the 1.1 crop  digital backs ( they actually call it the zd back grid screen)  and it works just fine...if you mf, the focus confirmation light functions as it would with the other mamiya af screens...the only other grid screen that i know of that is available is made by brightscreen...but at  a whopping $279 plus  additional $ to put the digital back crop lines in , i opted to try the mamiya sceen first.
the brightscreen site is www.brightscreen.com  
i will warn you that it is imo, not the most user friendly site to navigate!
regards
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:58:24 pm by canmiya »

jonstewart

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 05:55:06 pm »

Thanks for the reply, Canmiya.

At the price point, sounds like the Mamiya might do OK then
Jon Stewart
 If only life were so simple.
Pages: [1]   Go Up