Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P20 Fitting  (Read 2617 times)

carlsenjesper

P20 Fitting
« on: September 27, 2007, 09:27:28 am »

anybody can tell me if its possible to change the fitting on a P20 V series to fit a Mamiya 645??

cheers
Jesper

Ron Steinberg

P20 Fitting
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 11:40:56 am »

anybody can tell me if its possible to change the fitting on a P20 V series to fit a Mamiya 645??

cheers
Jesper
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142208\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Jesper,

It is not possible to change the mount on a Phase One back, the mount is an integral part of the back. The only thing you can do is what is called a Platform Change, which means you send your V mount back to Phase One and they send you a preowned Mamiya mount back. Cost is around $2000, and probably won't be possible any more as P20s are discontinued and Phase One has already told it's dealers that they have no more.

Contact me off line for more info or regarding the quote I sent you yesterday.

Regards,
Ron

espressogeek

P20 Fitting
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 09:50:38 pm »

Hi Jesper,

It is not possible to change the mount on a Phase One back, the mount is an integral part of the back. The only thing you can do is what is called a Platform Change, which means you send your V mount back to Phase One and they send you a preowned Mamiya mount back. Cost is around $2000, and probably won't be possible any more as P20s are discontinued and Phase One has already told it's dealers that they have no more.

Contact me off line for more info or regarding the quote I sent you yesterday.

Regards,
Ron
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142223\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Is this true of all phase backs? I was looking at a p21 demo at a dealer and they told me i could get the mount swapped.

godtfred

• http://
P20 Fitting
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 10:41:17 pm »

Is this true of all phase backs? I was looking at a p21 demo at a dealer and they told me i could get the mount swapped.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142534\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I dont know a lot about P1 backs, but as far as i know if it's a "value added" back, you get a free mount swap within the first year...

-axel
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

Ron Steinberg

P20 Fitting
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 11:22:31 pm »

I dont know a lot about P1 backs, but as far as i know if it's a "value added" back, you get a free mount swap within the first year...

-axel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142545\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Axel is correct, if it is a Value Added unit you can get 1 free mount change within the first year. Phase One will find you a back with equivalent shot count to your current back. It is also possible to do a Platform change, but as I said earlier cost is around $2000.

Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up