Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ImagePrint 7 - transfer from Windows to Mac  (Read 2327 times)

Richard Marcellus

ImagePrint 7 - transfer from Windows to Mac
« on: September 26, 2007, 09:01:06 pm »

Does anyone know the procedure to transfer ImagePrint 7 under Windows to a Mac?

Can I just plug in my USB dongle into a Mac and download the demo software or do I need to contact Colorbyte to get a new dongle?

Thanks,

Richard Marcellus

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 04:06:31 am »

I did a platform upgrade a few months ago from IP 6.1 (Win) to IP 7.0 Mac. You have to contact Colorbyte Software for the conversion.

In my case, I was instructed to download the software from their web site and install using the same dongle that came with the PC version.

I have been using IP since version 4 and it provides much more shadow detail and smoother gradations than the Epson-supplied print drivers (PC or OSX) for my R2400 printer. I had an Epson 2200 before the R2400 and the same was true for that printer as well.

The IP 7.0 interface is much improved and more "Mac-like". I still wish that IP offered a plug-in for Photoshop CS3 so that I could print from within PS.

Cheers.

Bud James
North Wales, PA
(Mac convert - MacBook Pro 15", Mac Pro 8-core 12GB RAM)
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

Richard Marcellus

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 09:17:31 pm »

Thanks for the reply Bud.

I already have ImagePrint version 7 on the PC platform, so it sounds like I can use my dongle on a Mac and hopefully activate a downloaded Mac trial version of the software.

From the description of IP7 on the Colorbyte website, the license does appear to be cross platform.

If this doesn't work out I'll give them a call as they haven't responded to my emailed questions.

The decision now is when to switch to a Mac. I would prefer not to have to pay for an OS upgrade a couple weeks after buying a new computer, but on the other hand if the CS3 apps have problems with Leopard, I might be better off with Tiger.

Regards,

Richard

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 09:32:54 am »

I have been using IP since version 4 and it provides much more shadow detail and smoother gradations than the Epson-supplied print drivers (PC or OSX) for my R2400 printer.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142594\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
FYI, it's the profiles and media selection that determine shadow detail rendition, not the driver itself. Epson's driver will utilize Leopard's 16-bit printing path which should translate into smoother gradations. Gamut differences have also been fun to compare between the driver and ImagePrint.
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up