Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya ZD back or other  (Read 2335 times)

carlsenjesper

Mamiya ZD back or other
« on: September 26, 2007, 07:43:26 am »

Hi All

I'm am currently looking into getting a digital back for my Mamiya AFD II. I have been doing a lot of research on this site and others to figure out the best digital back to choose. Currently my budget is in the 10K range, but would be very interested in a pre-owned or a demo unit.

I have been looking at the Mamiya ZD back, mainly because of the price but from what I can read this back has a lot of faults with regards to write speed, buffering and tethered shooting. I'm am also looking at the Leaf Valeo 22, Leaf Aptus 22 and PhaseOne P20. I mainly shoot fashion so I need to shoot a lot of frames rapidly and the buffer problem on the ZD back scares me a bit , but the other backs are way more expensive.

Any thoughts on this and ideas of where to get a good price?

Cheers
Jesper Carlsen

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Mamiya ZD back or other
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 08:00:59 am »

I have been quoted prices for P30 refurb units of 11K. I know someone that recently bought an A22 under 10K. A p21 is also a very good choice, around 8/9K. I think euros, I guess you do too?

Currently Teamworkphoto has offers for refurbed P backs. When you do not mind the crop factor a P30 (or P21) would be a very nice back.

http://www.teamworkphoto.com/index.php?mai...ath=515_546_548

Prices are below the ones I got quoted a couple of months ago (mentioned in the first sentences above).

Having owned a Valeo. I strongly suggest swallowing a bit and going directly for the Aptus (also owned) unless you only work tethered or do not mind having a cable running from your arm to a HD/battery unit.

I am pretty sure at least someone from Leaf has contacted you by now as well

I have no experience whatsoever with a ZD. I have not even seen one other than on images on the Internet and magazines. I can say nothing about what would be for you the best decision to make or what way to go.

I also suggest just sending your question to the dealers of all 5 brands to come with their pricequote on the back that you might be interested in.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 08:37:46 am by Dustbak »

Ron Steinberg

Mamiya ZD back or other
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 09:08:40 am »

Hi Jesper,

Contact me off line at rsteinberg@vistek.ca, I have a demo P20 (not Plus) for Mamiya 645AFDII for sale at a very attractive price. We are the Canadian distributors for Phase One.

Cheers,
Ron Steinberg
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 09:09:26 am by Ron Steinberg »
Pages: [1]   Go Up