Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPF 5000  (Read 2384 times)

ericaro

IPF 5000
« on: September 25, 2007, 11:28:41 pm »

I want to update from firmware 1.23 to 1.25. I downloaded the file, unzipped and clicked on the .exe file. I got confirmation that the "garo status firmware" is installed but the printer still shows 1.23. Any help please. WIN XP sp2.  Louis Bouillon

John Hollenberg

IPF 5000
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 11:38:22 pm »

Clicking on the exe files just installs the firmware update tool.  You have to go under Start -> Programs and find the Firmware update tool and run it.

--John

ericaro

IPF 5000
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 01:32:20 pm »

Clicking on the exe files just installs the firmware update tool.  You have to go under Start -> Programs and find the Firmware update tool and run it.

--John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141878\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I ran the firmware update tool from programs. It starts searching for "target printer" but i keep getting the message "target printer can't be found" My printer is ON, connected and in printing mode ( "online"). What am I missing?  Louis Bouillon

John Hollenberg

IPF 5000
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 01:52:21 pm »

I ran the firmware update tool from programs. It starts searching for "target printer" but i keep getting the message "target printer can't be found" My printer is ON, connected and in printing mode ( "online"). What am I missing? 

Are you connected by USB or ethernet?  If USB, are you connected through a USB hub, and how long is the USB cable?  A long cable or USB hub might cause problems (just guessing here, I don't think we have any actual reports about this).

Also, when you have this kind of problem it is always a good idea to power cycle the printer.  I have had some (rare) problems where the firmware got into a state such that this was the only fix.

PS You are getting pretty close to needing to put in a call to Canon tech support if these questions don't help you resolve the problem.  Let us know the outcome so we can add the information to the Wiki.

--John
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 01:52:49 pm by John Hollenberg »

ericaro

IPF 5000
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 04:21:47 pm »

Are you connected by USB or ethernet?  If USB, are you connected through a USB hub, and how long is the USB cable?  A long cable or USB hub might cause problems (just guessing here, I don't think we have any actual reports about this).

Also, when you have this kind of problem it is always a good idea to power cycle the printer.  I have had some (rare) problems where the firmware got into a state such that this was the only fix.

PS You are getting pretty close to needing to put in a call to Canon tech support if these questions don't help you resolve the problem.  Let us know the outcome so we can add the information to the Wiki.

--John
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141994\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

USB connection/ no network/ 8 foot cable. I have updated in the past without problems with the same setup. I have not updated media configuration tool since I don't use it and I don't think it would interfere with firmware installation. Other questions if you don't mind:

Does anyone know if the CS3plugin has corrected the BPC issue when printing with relcol?
Does anyone know when imageprint will be available so we don't have to deal with canon software anymore? Thanks for all your support John   Louis Bouillon

John Hollenberg

IPF 5000
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 04:30:06 pm »

Does anyone know if the CS3plugin has corrected the BPC issue when printing with relcol?

Does anyone know when imageprint will be available so we don't have to deal with canon software anymore?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142031\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am pretty sure BPC is still missing in the iPF5000 plugins, including the version for CS3.  There is one report that the iPF9000 version of the plugin for CS3 doesn't have BPC.  We are still trying to find out if the version for the iPFX100 series has fixed this problem.  I have changed my workflow so that I convert to printer profile in PS using either perceptual or relative colorimetric BEFORE I start the Export Plugin.  Then, I print using "No Color Adjustment".  While annoying that I have to do this, the workaround works just fine.

I emailed Colorbyte a few weeks ago, they didn't know.  It has been 5 months since the release of IP 7 and the announcement that it was coming "soon" for the iPF5000.

--John
Pages: [1]   Go Up