Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matting and framing color and B&W prints.  (Read 2653 times)

Bill Koenig

Matting and framing color and B&W prints.
« on: September 25, 2007, 03:52:38 pm »

I'm some what new to this, but you have to start some where.  In regards to matting and framing color and B&W prints.
Buying supples in bulk will save me a lot of cash.
Question, what color frame and mat should I start out with? This would have to work with
color and B&W prints, I'm looking for something neutral. For large prints (up to 17x25) I would like to use a double mat.
This is what I've been thinking about. Black metal frame, white or off white mat with white core. For the double bottom mat, Black with white core.

Thanks for any help.
Bill Koenig,

sselinger

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 06:44:54 pm »

I'm some what new to this, but you have to start some where.  In regards to matting and framing color and B&W prints.
Buying supples in bulk will save me a lot of cash.
Question, what color frame and mat should I start out with? This would have to work with
color and B&W prints, I'm looking for something neutral. For large prints (up to 17x25) I would like to use a double mat.
This is what I've been thinking about. Black metal frame, white or off white mat with white core. For the double bottom mat, Black with white core.

Thanks for any help.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141803\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As someone who has just started to try mounting and framing myself, I would suggest you think about buying Michael's "From Camera to Print". In it he has a great section on mounting and framing. He suggested a source, www.americanframe.com, which I have used and they seem to have good prices for all your framing needs. They'll even cut mats to size for you.

Bill Koenig

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 06:56:30 pm »

As someone who has just started to try mounting and framing myself, I would suggest you think about buying Michael's "From Camera to Print". In it he has a great section on mounting and framing. He suggested a source, www.americanframe.com, which I have used and they seem to have good prices for all your framing needs. They'll even cut mats to size for you.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141829\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't aware it covered mounting and framing, that does it, its on my list.
Bill Koenig,

fdi

• http://www.framedestination.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 10:38:54 pm »

Bill, I have some info on my website about gallery style framing, different types of mats and glazing options, and other info: Picture Frame Information
Mark Rogers
Frame Destination [url=https
Pages: [1]   Go Up