Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help - Samsung 243T or Dell 2007wfp?  (Read 2652 times)

Rostislav Alexandrovich

Please help - Samsung 243T or Dell 2007wfp?
« on: September 24, 2007, 04:20:55 pm »

Hello
I need help to decide on a monitor
i've narrowed my list to Samsung 243T and Dell 2007wfp.
both for the same price here, 600$ (samsung slightly used)

What would you recommend me if i need a great monitor for picture editing and a little bit gaming (70% for photoshop and photos, 30% gaming)

I've read that samsung has great image quality but its s-mva vs dell's i-ips(which is considered the best for image editing) plus it hase narrower viewing angle(can it shift colors while im watching it?)
also the samsung is quite slow at 30 ms and i do need games(hellgate)

(i also considered eiso 19 inch non-wide but ive decided to go wide and cant afford the more expensive wide eizo)

my biggest concern is while the dell is a 2006 model the samsung is 2004 model (almost 4 years ago)
any help would be greatly appriciated, thanx in advance!
--
Rosti
http://www.photoforum.ru/11012

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 05:00:57 pm »

Stay away from the Dell lottery unless you're feeling lucky. Dell is notorious for changing the panel on their monitors to whatever is cheapest that purchasing round after favorable reviews with the better panel.

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 01:52:37 pm »

I was considering a 24" Samsung -- excellent monitor. Instead, I ended up with the BenQ 241W. So far, so good. It's extremely bright, so I had to dial down the brightness considerably for calibration, but so far prints and monitor have been dead on. You might look at the BenQ. I ended up going with it after great reviews on trustedreviews.com (or something like that). The one weakness, compared to the Samsung is that it doesn't have a lot of internal adjustments (such as color temp, gamma, etc. All must be done via calibation software and LUT settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up