Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 7600 Run Time Error  (Read 3520 times)

Dave Gurtcheff

Epson 7600 Run Time Error
« on: September 24, 2007, 03:50:49 pm »

The good news is I sold a large framed B&W print today from a Tavern which has 70 of my prints on display. The bad news is I'm trying to make a reprint, and I keep getting "Run Time Errors". I am printing a 20"x30" B&W image to an Epson 7600. The file had been archived on a CD, and I copied it to my hard drive before printing. The Error message says:
Run Time Error!
Program: C\Program Files|Adobe Photoshop CS3\Photoshop.exe

The next message says:
The exception unknown software exception (0Xc000000d) occurred in the application at location 0x7813892c. Click OK to terminate program.

Any advice? I shut down the printer, and rebooted the computer, but still no luck.

Thanks in advance  
Dave

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 05:01:00 pm »

Photoshop does not handle printing large images well. Use QImage instead for that sort of thing. I've printed up to 24x72" with no problems from QImage. It's an awesome value for the money.

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 06:20:06 pm »

The good news is I sold a large framed B&W print today from a Tavern which has 70 of my prints on display. The bad news is I'm trying to make a reprint, and I keep getting "Run Time Errors". I am printing a 20"x30" B&W image to an Epson 7600. The file had been archived on a CD, and I copied it to my hard drive before printing. The Error message says:
Run Time Error!
Program: C\Program Files|Adobe Photoshop CS3\Photoshop.exe

The next message says:
The exception unknown software exception (0Xc000000d) occurred in the application at location 0x7813892c. Click OK to terminate program.

Any advice? I shut down the printer, and rebooted the computer, but still no luck.

Thanks in advance  
Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141623\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmmm. I've never had any problems printing with Photoshop to an Epson 7600, even for panos as big as 24x78". I've also been printing from CS3 (Windows) to an HP Z3100 to similar sizes without any problems. It may be worth downloading the latest Epson driver for the 7600, in case there's an incompatibility with CS3. I did all my Epson 7600 printing before upgrading. You might also try printing your image from an earlier Photoshop version if you still have it on your computer, in case this is just one of those annoying little incompatibilities that has me (rarely) thinking fondly about the darkroom.

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 10:05:08 am »

Hmmm. I've never had any problems printing with Photoshop to an Epson 7600, even for panos as big as 24x78". I've also been printing from CS3 (Windows) to an HP Z3100 to similar sizes without any problems. It may be worth downloading the latest Epson driver for the 7600, in case there's an incompatibility with CS3. I did all my Epson 7600 printing before upgrading. You might also try printing your image from an earlier Photoshop version if you still have it on your computer, in case this is just one of those annoying little incompatibilities that has me (rarely) thinking fondly about the darkroom.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141648\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I will down load the latest driver. I did suscessfully print another B&W image 20"x30" no problem. I have a second CD back up of the file stored off site. I will try that CD, just in case my primary CD back up has a corupted file.
Thanks
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up