Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: R2400 questions  (Read 1756 times)

switters

R2400 questions
« on: September 23, 2007, 11:18:13 pm »

I am admittedly an amateur when it comes to digital fine art printing.  I worked with an Epson r220 using an MIS inkset for about six months before making the move to the R2400.

So far, I've been really impressed with the quality of prints, but frustrated with certain issues (some of which may be user error).  The first is loading paper.  It seems I have about 50% success loading thick papers like Photo Rag and Museum Etching in the manual>roll feeder.  Sometimes it feeds right through, and other times the red light comes on and I get a message that paper is jammed.

Is this normal?  Seems like a $700 printer should be able to load fine art papers.

Second, I'm confused about print area.  I just tried printing an 8.2" x 10.5" image on an 8.5" x 11" sheet.  I selected Letter>borderless (manual) in Page Setup, and it looked fine in the Print Preview view.

However, when I printed it out it there was no margin whatsoever on either side of the long side of the page, and a tiny margin on the short side (certainly much less than the .5" expected).  This has happened with all of my prints - they are printing larger than they are sized in PS.

Is there a setting that I may have mistakenly turned on or off that is making this happen?

EDIT: This seems to happen more with B&W images than it does with color - or perhaps that's a coincidence?

Thanks for your help,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 12:04:39 am by switters »

photojack

• http://www.peterdamo.com
R2400 questions
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 08:50:58 am »

Wish I could help. I get the same problem – not being able to use the specialty paper feeder – seems it almost universal. Still waiting for a solution.

madmanchan

• Web
R2400 questions
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 08:58:12 am »

Second, I'm confused about print area.  I just tried printing an 8.2" x 10.5" image on an 8.5" x 11" sheet.  I selected Letter>borderless (manual) in Page Setup, and it looked fine in the Print Preview view.

However, when I printed it out it there was no margin whatsoever on either side of the long side of the page, and a tiny margin on the short side (certainly much less than the .5" expected).  This has happened with all of my prints - they are printing larger than they are sized in PS.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141500\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You shouldn't be choosing the Borderless option in the driver! Borderless means "edge to edge" printing with zero margins. When the Borderless option is on, the driver will expand your image by up to 3% to minimize little white margins on the edge.

Your actual image is sized less than the actual sheet size, e.g., 8.2" vs. 8.5" and 10.5" vs 11". So you should make sure that Borderless is NOT checked.

So for your sheet size, just choose US Letter (8.5 x 11) but do NOT choose borderless.
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up