Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 margin creep?  (Read 4010 times)

EricWil

HP Z3100 margin creep?
« on: September 22, 2007, 12:00:11 pm »

Hey when printing continuos prints from roll from HP Z3100 44" with white borders, the first prints margins are exact but the second to last prints margins are off buy as much as a quarter inch they shift as if the printer forgets where the paper starts at. This only occurs on the front and back margin not the side as it prints any idea how to stop this. Very annoying and ruins prints and printing one at a time waist way to much time when doing multiple prints of the same. Help!

Ernst Dinkla

HP Z3100 margin creep?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 12:32:03 pm »

Hey when printing continuos prints from roll from HP Z3100 44" with white borders, the first prints margins are exact but the second to last prints margins are off buy as much as a quarter inch they shift as if the printer forgets where the paper starts at. This only occurs on the front and back margin not the side as it prints any idea how to stop this. Very annoying and ruins prints and printing one at a time waist way to much time when doing multiple prints of the same. Help!
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is strange. With cutting on there will be 5 mm at the front and 5 mm at the back added to the usable print page size. Whether per image printed or several after another and cutting in between.

If you mean nesting several images after another on one print page (like in Qimage) then the first and last will have that 5 mm addition, the first at the front the last at the back, the ones in between will have not more margin than how they are stacked in Qimage. The 5 mm at both sides shouldn't be considered margin but as paper waste. On long runs you can of course try to lay-out the images on the print page that there's no paper wasted but that's a game of creating a smaller margin at the first print's front and at the last print's back.

There are some driver settings that will take out any white area at front and back of the image or reduce margins. Could it be that you have them applied ? Underneath the paper size choice is a button for a menu with choices like that, another one is under the auto cut choice at the properties menu.

Ernst Dinkla

try:  [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]

EricWil

HP Z3100 margin creep?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 01:55:31 pm »

I have tried this several different ways and yes i am using qimage. I am printing a single 18x24 print on a 24 inch wide roll. I am not nesting but printing multiple single copies if that is not nesting. the front margin acutally shrinks and the back margin expands on the same size print as the first one which prints correct.

I think part of the problem maybe they are borderless prints but for some reason unless you select a hp photo paper the bordless option is disabled for margins. I am printing in a commercial proof paper similar to photo paper but not photo paper. I wish this options was available in every paper type.

Any idea if the cutter could cut canvas if it was not disabled?

namartinnz

HP Z3100 margin creep?
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 03:17:21 pm »

Any idea if the cutter could cut canvas if it was not disabled?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141249\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Once I accidently set the paper to satin while doing a canvas print, cutter on- the print head jammed on the canvas when trying to cut it. Luckily everything was ok.

Neal
Pages: [1]   Go Up