Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Borderless Printing  (Read 8174 times)

Craig Arnold

• Craig Arnold's Photography
Borderless Printing
« on: September 21, 2007, 01:21:13 pm »

I assume it probably can be done, but I have tried without success to get borderless A4 prints from my Epson R800 using Lightroom.

Any hints of where I might look would be helpful.

It's trivial to do with Photoshop.

Thanks,
Craig

madmanchan

• Web
Borderless Printing
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 03:17:03 pm »

Did you (1) set the Epson driver option to Borderless, and then (2) set the LR margins to zero?
Eric Chan

Craig Arnold

Borderless Printing
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 02:06:21 am »

For reference

I'm using a Mac.

On the Print Settings dialog in the Layout section I have selected the option which says Border - None.

I cannot find any setting which specifically mentions Margins.

On the Lightroom Print section under the Layout panel if I try to set the Margin to 0 I get a dialog which says "A number between 0.13 and 7.89 is required. Closest value inserted." And it gets set to 0.13.

I cannot find anything relevant under the Print & Fax applet in System Preferences which has anything to do with Margins.

This is a problem for me, because it's not hard to find decent quality and decent price A4 frames, but  they really are A4 and with this thin margin that Lightroom insists upon I cannot mount them without seeing this margin. Which looks pretty naf.

Craig Arnold

Borderless Printing
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 02:16:25 am »

Hmm, OK I think I may have made some progress.

On the File->Page Setup menu.

Instead of selecting A4 as the paper size, if one selects A4 (Sheet feeder - borderless) it then becomes possible to set the margins to 0 in the layout panel of LR.

And also to increase the cell size so that it takes up the whole page.

I shall experiment.

How very intuitive this all is.

madmanchan

• Web
Borderless Printing
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 10:47:55 am »

Only certain sheet sizes are supported for borderless printing. I don't know what they are exactly for the R800, but your user manual probably has a list.

Also, be sure to go to the Epson driver itself (in the Print module, click on the Print Settings... button) and check the Borderless option in the driver.
Eric Chan

Craig Arnold

Borderless Printing
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 12:27:04 pm »

Also, be sure to go to the Epson driver itself (in the Print module, click on the Print Settings... button) and check the Borderless option in the driver.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141217\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Seriously dude - where? There isn't one.

Anyway - never mind - I have just printed a couple of shots with the settings I mention above and they've come out fine, no borders.

I guess the R800 has a different driver to the more expensive printers. Colour print quality is still fabulous though.

The R800 suffices for most of my printing needs. And in fact I am not sure it makes economic sense to upgrade to an A3 printer, as I only occasionally need bigger than A4. When my 2-year-old R800 dies I shall replace it with the HP or equivalent.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 12:48:50 pm by peripatetic »
Pages: [1]   Go Up