Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The noble and difficult art of editing your stuff  (Read 11990 times)

russell a

• www.russarmstrong.com
The noble and difficult art of editing your stuff
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 12:31:04 pm »

In all seriousness, what happened to Winogrand's undeveloped negatives?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141061\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I understand that Eastman Kodak kicked in some money/assistance in getting the unprocessed film developed.  He also left numerous developed but unedited rolls, contact sheets of un-proofed rolls, proofs, etc.  The Center for Creative Photography at Tuscon lists "20,000?" for him, the question mark suggests that they may not have been cataloged.  I'm not sure where they all went.  But, I suspect his hit ratio for the last 300,000 (of 1.X million estimated total) was very low.  When he moved to California, he was prone to have a friend drive him around with a motorized back. Since his street habit was to shoot everything that moved and, in the car, everything was moving, well....

Chris_T

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 03:52:20 pm »

I wonder what historians will do when they open the archives of a modern photographer after her death, finding literally hundreds of thousands of unreleased shots... That's in case they can find a DVD-reader in year 2070...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141009\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Regardless of whether the DVDs can be read or not, a responsible historian should contact an enviromental agency to find out whether they are suitable for landfills. The DVDs may be safe, but the images may be toxic.

Gordon Buck

• LightDescription
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 08:21:45 pm »

... I have to ask you if you can pick up KLRZFM from Lerose on your radio.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141234\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I like the music but can't get good reception here from Larose.  Even though that station broadcasts from several other cities, none really come in very well for me.  

On Saturday nights, I'm frequently listening to a local radio (www.wrkf.org) program, American Routes, that often features various Louisiana based music and musicians along with some history and commentary.  After 9pm, the program becomes even more local.

-- and some say I don't lead an exciting life!
Gordon
 [url=http://lightdescription.blog
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up