Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Leaf AFi Cameras  (Read 25433 times)

godtfred

• http://
New Leaf AFi Cameras
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2007, 05:06:48 am »

So the next closest thing would be a P45/AFDII and the H3DII-39 I guess, as they both use the exact same sensor size so the debate about FOV, focus, coverage etc. can also be settled?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142166\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The next closest thing would be a CF-39/AFDII and a H3D-39 (the "mark II" has a different IR filter, while the CF-39 and H3D-39 have the same chip/IR filter.)

Doing this and processing both files in flexcolor or via DNG in ACR would produce a very similar result file wise and should reveal the lens differences nicely...

-axel
Axel Bauer
godtfred.com H2|M679CS|P45+

yaya

New Leaf AFi Cameras
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2007, 06:14:16 am »

The next closest thing would be a CF-39/AFDII and a H3D-39 (the "mark II" has a different IR filter, while the CF-39 and H3D-39 have the same chip/IR filter.)

Doing this and processing both files in flexcolor or via DNG in ACR would produce a very similar result file wise and should reveal the lens differences nicely...

-axel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142172\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes you're right. I suggested Phase since I don't know anyone who uses a CF on an AFD/II...

Yair

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
New Leaf AFi Cameras
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2007, 07:30:34 am »

Bernard,

Despite the fact that you quote from my statement it seems you didn't really read it. I tried to explain the situation with Jenoptik, but you still seem to think that Sinar and Leaf are locking out any others. They have nothing to say about this (theoretically). It is up to Jenoptik to sell licenses and it is up to Phase to ask if they could join the party. So far there is no information available to me that Phase has shown any interest in joining the platform. Nor is there any information known to me that Jenoptik would be willing to make a deal with Phase. Those who do know probably keep their mouth shut wisely. Obviously nor Thierry or Yair are the ones to comment on this either.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142086\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Epd,

Well... I hear what you are saying. My comments were not accurate.

Sinar might have nothing to do with this, Phase could be the bad guys, Jenoptik might be totally independant from Sinar, or be extremely close to them... I don't know and am in fact not really interested in knowing.

The end result is the same. We have a promising platform that is not supported by a key MFDB manufacturer... and that pretty much makes it a no go before even starting to consider it more in details.

Either way, I am not really shopping for a new high end solution at the moment, but I hope that the situation will have evolved for the better in one year from now or so.

Cheers,
Bernard

yaya

New Leaf AFi Cameras
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2007, 09:23:33 am »

To try and make things clearer; being involved in the Hy6/AFi project required a serious commitment from the partners on several levels: finance, R&D, marketing, future business development etc. and only two manufacturers were interested in doing so (and had the vision and resources for it).

Yair

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
New Leaf AFi Cameras
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2007, 10:15:27 am »

To try and make things clearer; being involved in the Hy6/AFi project required a serious commitment from the partners on several levels: finance, R&D, marketing, future business development etc. and only two manufacturers were interested in doing so (and had the vision and resources for it).

Yair
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142206\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That's indeed a lot more clear Yair. Thanks.

Regards,
Bernard

jpjespersen

New Leaf AFi Cameras
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2007, 10:58:53 am »

Regards,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142212\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I jumped in thisforum towards the end and dont have the patience to read back on my iPhone but I was told by my phase dealer that phase will have a back for the rolleiflex hy6.

mattlap2

New Leaf AFi Cameras
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2007, 12:28:24 pm »

Epd,

Well... I hear what you are saying. My comments were not accurate.

Sinar might have nothing to do with this, Phase could be the bad guys, Jenoptik might be totally independant from Sinar, or be extremely close to them... I don't know and am in fact not really interested in knowing.

The end result is the same. We have a promising platform that is not supported by a key MFDB manufacturer... and that pretty much makes it a no go before even starting to consider it more in details.

Either way, I am not really shopping for a new high end solution at the moment, but I hope that the situation will have evolved for the better in one year from now or so.

Cheers,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142185\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Bernard,

Thru many contacts in the industry, including back manufacturers, camera manufacturers, Dealer Manufactures, and Sales Reps (Factory, Independent), and others close to the industry.    This is the situation I can best describe ....

There have definitely been talks between Back Manufacturers and Jenoptik.   My information tells me that Phase has been involved in conversations at various times and had been close enough that it was almost announced at Photokina.     Plain and simple ..... the deal has just not gotten done yet.

Obviously from both sides it comes down to money.    Jenoptik wants Y ..... PHase wants to pay X.   Until that gets worked out there is no deal until the market dictates one needs more than the other.     The understanding right now is both are willing to wait for delivery and to see what the market decides.     Jenoptik thinks the interest and demand will validate their point ......Phase thinks Jenoptik will need to make concessions for them.

It's smart business for both companies.    They both are quality companies and believe their visions of how it will work out are correct.    It will play out and eventually get done ....and all will be happy.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
New Leaf AFi Cameras
« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2007, 02:38:45 am »

Sorry Nik, for my late reply. I had to get information from our product manager.

Following the answer to your question:

The development of the 6x6 filmholder is in process. The first prototypes are expected for coming December. If everything goes right, production is planed to start begin of 2008, with availability expected by the begin of the 2nd quarter.

One other information: this 6x6 filmholder is adapted to the Sinar Hy6 design. Further, it will have the possibilities to shoot either on 6x6 OR on 4.5x6.

I hope this answers.

Best regards,
Thierry

Any update regarding the 6*6 film back for the Hy6? Is it in production yet?

Thanks

Nik
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142157\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 02:48:10 am by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

New Leaf AFi Cameras
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2007, 02:43:09 am »

Dear Bernard,

There is nothing new in this:

Excatly the same has been said already a few times, by Yair and by myself and on this forum, when the Hy6 discussions started, a few months ago, in different treads.

Best regards,
Thierry

Regards,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142212\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

nik

• Nick Vasilopoulos Photography
New Leaf AFi Cameras
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2007, 02:59:33 am »

No problem Thierry, that's better news than expected! Lastly, I am assuming it will have an adjustable pressure plate for 120/220?

-Nik

Further, it will have the possibilities to shoot either on 6x6 OR on 4.5x6.

I hope this answers.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142363\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

thsinar

New Leaf AFi Cameras
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2007, 03:11:54 am »

This is asking too much, Nik: I don't know yet and have just "transcripted" the information I've got.
I assume too!

I shall keep updated.

Best regards,
Thierry

No problem Thierry, that's better news than expected! Lastly, I am assuming it will have an adjustable pressure plate for 120/220?

-Nik
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142367\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up