Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comparisons of ISOs - ZD versus P21/P30+  (Read 7324 times)

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Comparisons of ISOs - ZD versus P21/P30+
« on: September 20, 2007, 11:43:08 am »

[removed]
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 03:48:13 pm by dougpetersonci »

MichaelEzra

• https://www.michaelezra.com
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 12:11:00 pm »

It would be interesting to see how ZD files get processed with SilkyPix instead.
If you dont have SilkyPiz available, please message me the download location of the MEF files and I can do the conversion. Thanks,

samuel_js

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 12:15:19 pm »

As the new guy at Capture Integration I have completed a comparison of the ZD, the P21, and the P30+. The summary of the results are attached. I won't comment on the results, except to say the Phase backs won hands down. Take a look and make your own judgments; feel free to comment!

Also, if you have access to one or more of these backs please feel free to post your own images or comparisons. Especially if you have the ZD, which it seems (from posts here on LL) to be a work in progress, with backs purchased at different times showing significant differences.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or email me at doug@captureintegration, or my senior coworker chris@captureintegration.

The RAW files are also available, although due to size, will only be distributed for now by request. We will hopefully be able to post this and our other recent tests on our soon-to-be revamped website within the next month.

Please note the summary attached is a 10/12 quality JPG, and so there will be some minor JPG artifacts. Overall I don't think it interferes with the judgement of the noise characteristics of the images.

Doug Peterson
Office Manager
Capture Integration
www.CaptureIntegration.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140710\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

P21 ISO 50? Mine has only 100 to 800  Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 12:15:41 pm by samuel_js »

espressogeek

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 12:28:54 pm »

I know you say that is focused but it sure looks misfocused. I can't believe how soft it is compared to other pics i have seen from the zd. How about putting a P21 on a mamiya 645afd and see how it looks and process them both in ACR with the same settings. I am more interested in a back to back comparison not a platform one.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 12:32:31 pm by espressogeek »

stefan marquardt

• http://www.stefanmarquardt-architekturbild.de
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 12:45:41 pm »

yes, the zd files look soft. just like my files when I would use acr with the standard settings.  acr renders a bit soft/mushy. using raw developper with the right settings, the files will look more like the phase files from the test. NOT speaking about the limitations of the zd (noise when there is not much light) the test could just as well demonstrate how much sharper the zeiss lens is, or how much better the raw software is.

but then again - I might be completely wrong.

stefan
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 01:21:14 pm by stefan marquardt »
stefan marquardt
stefanmarquardt.de arch

Dave Gallagher

• http://www.captureintegration.com
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 04:21:38 pm »

As the new guy at Capture Integration I have completed a comparison of the ZD, the P21, and the P30+. The summary of the results are attached. I won't comment on the results, except to say the Phase backs won hands down. Take a look and make your own judgments; feel free to comment!

Doug Peterson
Office Manager
Capture Integration
www.CaptureIntegration.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140710\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

To all at Luminous Landscape,

We are very happy to have a fiery and energetic new employee in our Miami office.  He is and will be a tremendous asset to our company and hopefully the whole photographic community.  However, his post this morning was not something that I had approved.  We have built a reputation in the industry with high ethics and never talking poorly about the competition.  We are not changing this ideal and therefore have pulled the aforementioned post. We apologize to all who this might have offended.
Sincerely,
 Dave Gallagher President Capt

samuel_js

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 04:40:27 pm »

We are very happy to have a fiery and energetic new employee in our Miami office.  He is and will be a tremendous asset to our company and hopefully the whole photographic community.  However, his post this morning was not something that I had approved.  We have built a reputation in the industry with high ethics and never talking poorly about the competition.  We are not changing this ideal and therefore have pulled the aforementioned post. We apologize to all who this might have offended.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140781\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dave, what about the ISO 50 in the P21? How is this possible? An answer would be apreciated.  

Thank's

Dave Gallagher

• http://www.captureintegration.com
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 04:52:41 pm »

Dave, what about the ISO 50 in the P21? How is this possible? An answer would be apreciated.  

Thank's
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140788\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Sam,

Doug has been with us for 6 weeks.  He does not have years of experience with the Phase One product line as we do.  His columns were shifted to the left without him noticing.  It was a simple mistake but one that was not meant for anything but internal communications.  It was an error that will not be repeating.  Thanks.
Sincerely,
 Dave Gallagher President Capt

samuel_js

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 05:03:56 pm »

Sam,

Doug has been with us for 6 weeks.  He does not have years of experience with the Phase One product line as we do.  His columns were shifted to the left without him noticing.  It was a simple mistake but one that was not meant for anything but internal communications.  It was an error that will not be repeating.  Thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140790\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

OK thank's  

H1/A75 Guy

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 07:47:29 pm »

We have built a reputation in the industry with high ethics and never talking poorly about the competition. We apologize to all who this might have offended.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140781\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

:Feeling guilty)  Hasselblad, NJ, never said Mamiya's were "Dust Magnets" as I posted on another thread. I apologize to all who this might have offended. But Dave, if that was a picture of Doug's desk, I think you need to give him better digs.

David

espressogeek

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 11:47:33 pm »

removed
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 06:02:09 pm by espressogeek »

Snook

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 07:09:56 pm »

Sure got quite in here?
Anybody else want to add to tis post...
Come on now..  
Snook

espressogeek

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 11:12:46 am »

Sure got quite in here?
Anybody else want to add to tis post...
Come on now..  
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141469\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had wanted to buy a zd and have someone within driving distance of nashville compare it. However I have been working with a phase dealer and they are bringing the price of a demo p21 down to a range where I can consider it. Since I would like to be able to use this back with a view camera down the road I have almost put the zd out of my consideration. I still would like to compare the two backs just to give people an idea of what options are out there.

Snook

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 11:53:30 am »

Please do when you get the chance.
I am waiting here because I really think a lot of guys will jump ship here soon with the canon 1DsMIII and then the prices will probably come down even more.
What prices are you looking at for a demo p21?
I was interested in a demo p25 or P30 but have not got the right price yet.
Please let us know your comparisons for the P21 VS ZD.
Have not seen many ZD's around. B&H had them once and then never had the in stock again. Hopefully it is a sign that they are "fixing" them?
Anybody have a p25 or p30 used for a good price? Mamiya afd mount!
Thanks
Snook

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 06:47:22 pm »

Hi
At Adorama they are back ordered on the kit. Also have ZD to RZII adapter.
http://www.adorama.com/MYZD645AFD2.html?se...%20zd&item_no=1
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

canmiya

• beyond stills
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 06:54:46 pm »

Have not seen many ZD's around. B&H had them once and then never had the in stock again. Hopefully it is a sign that they are "fixing" them?
Anybody have a p25 or p30 used for a good price? Mamiya afd mount!
Thanks
Snook
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141574\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
regrding b&h and the zd back:    b&h has had them in stock at least three times but they sell out immediately.

espressogeek

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 09:10:23 pm »

regrding b&h and the zd back:    b&h has had them in stock at least three times but they sell out immediately.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141655\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you know when the last time was? I have been watching the site pretty regularly.

I really want someone else to be involved in the comparison to show that there is no hidden agenda. I am very keen to see some shots under a strobe or in nice light so I can compare shadow response, dr and resolution. I really don't buy those shots that were posted earlier in this thread as being valid. I also want to compare backs on the same camera so it will have to be the 645afd (II).
Pages: [1]   Go Up