Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vista and CS3  (Read 3713 times)

seamus finn

Vista and CS3
« on: September 19, 2007, 04:46:25 pm »

I recently upgraded to a quad core dual processor PC running Vista Home Premium. I am trying to install CS3 on the new machine but so far having no luck. Clicking on CS3 setup brings up a brief glimpse of the setup window which quicky fades away and then - nothing. I have deactivated PS3 on the first machine but cannot activate it on the second. Any advice - I'm desperate to get CS3 running in conjunction with Lightroom.
Thanks
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 04:57:59 pm by seamus finn »

seamus finn

Vista and CS3
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 06:05:02 am »

Please......

Hendrik

• http://www.hendrik-fotografie.nl
Vista and CS3
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 10:02:22 am »

Maybe your installation files are corrupted? It should work on Vista. Have you already asked Adobe?

seamus finn

Vista and CS3
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 10:53:05 am »

Not yet, Hendrik - it  happened just last night and I thought I should trawl the forums first in case it is a common problem. Didn't really find any answer so my next step was to try here, but it seems there is no knowledge out there about this particular phenomenon.  I bought CS3 as a download from the Adobe Store and it installs perfectly on a machine running Windows XP. Vista won't even open the CS3 set up. I downloaded the programme again last night, but keep getting the same result. The Vista SETUP window just fades away every time before the blue bar can get a chance to start filling across. I can't even get as far as inputting my registration number. I've already deactivated CS3 on the other machine so it's not a case of trying to breach the activation regulations, although I think the Adobe licence allows two installations so long as they are not being used at the same time on two machines. In any case, I only want CS3 on the faster machine which I bought specifically to handle Lightroom more efficiently. At the moment, I'll probably revert back to CS2 until I get the problem sorted - if ever.  Thanks for your interest.

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
Vista and CS3
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 03:29:15 pm »

seamus:

Check the event logs - specifically the application log  (type eventvwr.exe in the search area above the start button).

I just installed a downloaded copy of cs3 on a fresh install of vista last night - no problems

-John

seamus finn

Vista and CS3
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 09:43:27 am »

Got the bloody thing installed at last after spending a week-end trawling for info. Eventually tried installing as administrator with AVG and Vista Firewall turned off - plus a few prayers. Don't ask me why, but it worked.  

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Vista and CS3
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 02:34:01 pm »

I'm curious, do you have a RAID setup? If so, you are destined for further problems. It seems a couple times a month, I've had to re-activate Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acroabt -- all latest versions. A few days ago, it was all on the same day. I've used up all my activations with just one machine because of it. I called and bitched at the "activation department". I'm 95% sure it's an offshore Adobe setup, in who knows what country. I asked for a supervisor and all I got was, "They're all busy. We'll have them call you back". A week later, still waiting. . .

Adobe's activation is a broken, f****d up mess. They need to get their frigging act together. I've read a lot on the internet about people having problems with the new CS3 activation. I was told point blank that RAIDS can be a problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up