Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1.2 - adding bugs - remove images does not work  (Read 6299 times)

The View

1.2 - adding bugs - remove images does not work
« on: September 19, 2007, 04:57:01 am »

Until 1.1 you could remove an image from the hard drive by hitting deletet.

A dialogue came up, and you selected "remove from hard drive"

Not any more.

Now you hit delete, and the image disappears from the catalogue only.

It stays on the hard drive, taking space.

I would say this is really a successfully added bug.

I looked up the online help (just in case the action was changed), but "delete photo" does not give any results.

This is very annoying.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

JayS

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 10:37:11 am »

Not any more.

I looked up the online help (just in case the action was changed), but "delete photo" does not give any results.

This is very annoying.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140365\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am still getting the dialog with delete from both the library and develop modules, and can confirm the files are deleted on my hard drive.

Jay S.

The View

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 11:34:54 am »

I am still getting the dialog with delete from both the library and develop modules, and can confirm the files are deleted on my hard drive.

Jay S.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140413\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I restarted Lightroom, and now I can delete images again.

Whatever it caused, it DID happen. You pressed delete, and the photo disappeared without the dialogue, you pressed Apple Z, and the photo came back.
The View of deserts, forests, mountains. Not the TV show that I have never watched.

mats

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 02:37:45 pm »

That happens if you are in a collection rather than a folder.
There is no dialogue and the image is removed from the collection but remains on the harddrive ( and in its folder).
When in a folder you get a dialogue asking if you wnat to remove the image from just the database or from the harddrive.
Could be that you were in a collection rather than a folder?

regards
Mats

The View

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 02:32:17 am »

That happens if you are in a collection rather than a folder.
There is no dialogue and the image is removed from the collection but remains on the harddrive ( and in its folder).
When in a folder you get a dialogue asking if you wnat to remove the image from just the database or from the harddrive.
Could be that you were in a collection rather than a folder?

regards
Mats
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140490\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Definitely not in a collection. I was in a main folder of older images, and wanted to cook them down to the essentials for archiving.

Actually: have you noticed Lightroom crashes much more often since 1.2?

I haven't had the "cannot delete" issue since.

CRASHES

But the amount of crashes is increasing. I experience sometimes five or six seconds of beachball in develop module, and five to ten minutes afterwards the application crashes.

I have never seen an application that crashes so often as lightroom;

Mine crashes twice a day at least, so every thirty minutes. Highly unstable.

1.0 never crashed, 1.1 crashed more often, 1.2 all the time.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 04:36:11 pm »

That's odd; LR 1.2 is very stable on my system (XP SP2, 2 GB of RAM, 2.6 GHz P4, plenty of available storage space). Never had a crash with any version of LR (released versions), with a single catalog of about 30,000 images.

What's your system info?
Eric Chan

JayS

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 07:31:40 pm »

That's odd; LR 1.2 is very stable on my system (XP SP2, 2 GB of RAM, 2.6 GHz P4, plenty of available storage space). Never had a crash with any version of LR (released versions), with a single catalog of about 30,000 images.

What's your system info?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140785\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Eric,
    I am having LR lock while doing an import (on a Mac Book Pro), and the system goes into sleep mode (posted earlier).  Other than that I still get the occasional menu text disappearing that others have reported as well.

Jay S.

The View

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 11:43:26 pm »

What's your system info?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140785\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm on an iMac G5 (for about one more week before my 24" intel iMac is ready).

I never lose any data, escept the last step. It usually happens after that weird slowdown LR is experiencing after a while, and then usually when moving the exposure or white balance slider.

-----

Actually, the move from grid view/library to develop got much faster with 1.2

The other way, from develop to grid,  takes three to four seconds.

This might be, because universal binary software runs on both PPC and intel processors, but is optimized for intel, and therefore possibly slow on the G5.

I'm mentioning these issues as a point of discussion. I love Lightroom and using it is the sheer fun.

As software as young as LR always needs improvement, and discussing those points can only be helpful.

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 10:49:29 am »

Hi guys, I'm not sure if the issues you're running into are limited to the Mac version or if they apply to Windows as well. I'm running Win XP and haven't seen the issues, so I'm probably not the best guy to help ... sorry ...
Eric Chan

julian_love

• www.julianlove.com
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 05:38:44 am »

I have just upgraded to LR1.2 this morning and have had it hang three times already - spinning beachball for several minutes and making me do a Force Quit and restart. Very annoying. All were while making an adjustment in Develop module.

Is there any way to roll back to v1.1 without a full re-install?

On a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.4.9

Julian

The View

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 08:46:41 pm »

Hopefully, Adobe will be addressing crash and performance issues soon in a 1.3 upgrade.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:50:54 pm by The View »

bwalker

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 07:42:14 pm »

Not any more.

This is very annoying.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140365\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Right-click the image itself while in the "Library" and left-click "Delete photo...". You are given the choice of deleting from the hard drive by clicking on the "Delete from disk" button. This is with Windows. It seems you may have this under control at this point but I didn't see this option offered. Hope this helps...

Billy Walker

The View

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 02:32:55 am »

Right-click the image itself while in the "Library" and left-click "Delete photo...". You are given the choice of deleting from the hard drive by clicking on the "Delete from disk" button. This is with Windows. It seems you may have this under control at this point but I didn't see this option offered. Hope this helps...

Billy Walker
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142518\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually, as stated in a post above, the issue has been fixed by restarting Lightroom, and I haven't seen it show up again since (now my develop user presets are not loading, but that's a different issue).

All this could possibly have to do with Lightroom being written more with the intel processor in mind, and this happened on my G5 iMac, which I am still using until I will find the time to do the migrating.
Pages: [1]   Go Up