Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Hasselblad back  (Read 29891 times)

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
New Hasselblad back
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2007, 03:25:25 am »

Its double the size, thats a pretty significant diff. I think its basically like going from a Canon EFS sensor (1.6x) to full frame, or even slightly more of a diff.

Anyway, Hasselblad stands alone in its market. It is the only one with a quasi integrated medium format digital solution that offers up to 39mp models. Also, it is the only one that syncs w/ flash up to 1/800 sec. It also basically has built in DXo correction for its lenses. The new lcd on the H3D II doesnt go unoticed either, looks awesome and finally a MFDB/DSLR has a lcd worthy of the format.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141108\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Have you ever seen the actual difference between the 2 (48x36 vs 24x36)?

Have a look at this image. It has been taken with a 37x49sensor on a 24x36 body. The black border is the part that is above 24x36 (actually a little bit more). Now imagine the AF sensors in this image the way it is set on lets say the F5 (the AF layout of a FF body that is very familiar to me).

« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 03:26:40 am by Dustbak »

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
New Hasselblad back
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2007, 09:19:45 am »

Rollei lenses are syncing at a 1/1000th since years, with their PQS lenses!

And the new Hy6 will as well.

Best regards,
Thierry

Anyway, Hasselblad stands alone in its market, it is the only one that syncs w/ flash up to 1/800 sec.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141108\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Mike W

New Hasselblad back
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2007, 03:37:06 pm »

Actually, I checked the prices for both hasselblad and Mamiya gear, and in the 39mp range a H3d is cheaper than a mamiya+phase back.
Imagine my surprise :-)

Off course this doesn't fly in the 22mp range with the zd back...

I checked the prices at Calumet and B&H, don't shoot me if my research isn't exactly bullletproof :-)

I'd say that it will be soon set game and match for Hasselblad although Mamiya stand a chance of survival as they seem to be able to sell lenses and bodies for 1/2 the price of Hassy.

Edmund
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140469\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

TechTalk

New Hasselblad back
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2007, 03:30:12 pm »

in which way is the P45 less integrated with a M645...other then the seperate batteries?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
In no particular order:

1) Viewfinder matched to sensor size to provide higher viewing magnification and eliminate mask overlay.
2) Body optical system (mirror and groundglass) and sensor image plane individually calibrated and matched to provide more precise focus. (Refer to Nick-T's excellent post earleir in this thread for detailed explanation) (Refer to link [a href=\"http://www.phaseone.com/KBFiles/1674/1/Focuscheckprocedure.pdf]Phase/Body Focus Check Procedure[/url])
3) Automatic compensation in focusing system for lens focus shift (caused by spherical aberration and corrected based on focal length, distance & aperture) to improve focus accuracy (Again refer to Nick-T's post)
4) Control of back menus and settings from camera grip controls.
5) Option to display histogram on camera grip's LCD to allow viewing of image and histogram without obscuring preview image.
6) Capture data transferred from lens (focal length, distance, aperture) to body to image file for automatic correction of chromatic aberration, distortion and vignetting.
7) Control of manual and auto focus from software (not available yet, but included in new Phocus software)
8) Control of aperture and shutter speed from software (active feature for years)
9) Automatic Control of shutter, aperture and mirror operation in live video mode. Activate live video and shutter locks open, aperture opens fully and mirror locks up. Aperure can be closed down from software for depth of field preview. Close live video and aperture, shutter and mirror return to previous settings.
10) Dedictated ISO/WB button on camera grip.
11) And from the Steve Hendrix report on the H3D-II...
"GPS capability is now enabled with the GPS unit, which plugs into the left side of the camera body. While some may yawn at this feature (thinking aerial photography), there are actually quite a number of different applications for this feature. Scouting is an obvious one. The ability to GPS search for that street with the cool door you used as a background comes to mind, and I imagine users will find new uses for this feature. From the new Phocus software, Google Earth automatically launches from the software and the location can be mapped and all files shot with those coordinates can be brought up with a simple command. Very cool. The GPS unit is compatible with H3DII and backward compatible with the H3D, H2D and any Hasselblad CF or CFH on H2 camera. Pricing is not yet set but should be announced shortly." I can imagine there could be interest in this feature for landscape and architectural applications as well.
12) Automatic update of the body firmware (which has added a variety of features and improvements) via connection to the back and new software versions.

If I've overlooked something, others can fill in the gaps.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 06:38:45 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

TechTalk

New Hasselblad back
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2007, 04:45:55 pm »

as far as facts go: we have all been through this....the H3 is not full frame, the H3DII is not the first 3" DMFback, also not the first OLED..no matter what mr.techtalk says....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141047\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
As far as facts go: I never said or even implied any of the three statements above in any post that I've made here. In fact, none of those things are of any importance to me.

I've never posted anything regarding "Full Frame" as that has always been a somewhat ambiguous term in medium-format. In 35mm cameras, we know that means 24x36mm. What does "full frame" mean in medium-format? You decide–it isn't something that I'm concerned about.

I never said that Hasselblad had the first 3" display or that they were the first to use OLED (interesting technology by the way). Again... these aren't matters that concern me.

What does concern me are the new technologies that we are all working at understanding and utilizing for our individual needs. I have no desire to pass judgement on any technology, feature or product. There are plenty of people ready and willing to do that!

Where I find a lack of understanding regarding what some technology is designed to do, how it functions, design challenges or the potential benefit–I may join in the fray. But as for the usefulness for any individual of a particular product or feature, decide for yourself and research the facts. The internet is full of great information and plenty of misinformation too!

jonstewart

New Hasselblad back
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2007, 05:10:30 pm »

Actually, I checked the prices for both hasselblad and Mamiya gear, and in the 39mp range a H3d is cheaper than a mamiya+phase back.
Imagine my surprise :-)

Off course this doesn't fly in the 22mp range with the zd back...

I checked the prices at Calumet and B&H, don't shoot me if my research isn't exactly bullletproof :-)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141282\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You based this on new prices.

I just bought 645AFD2+P45 used (+ lenses etc) While I'm not divulging prices, I believe I bought this set of stuff a LOT cheaper than a Hasselblad based equivalent. I don't have any particular feeling about the quality of this, the 'blad, or a Leaf setup being much different in terms of image quality.
Jon Stewart
 If only life were so simple.

Photomangreg

New Hasselblad back
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2007, 07:16:00 pm »

Rollei lenses are syncing at a 1/1000th since years, with their PQS lenses!

And the new Hy6 will as well.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141208\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The Rollei lenses actually sync at 1/760th of a second,  ISO standards allow a 20% deviation from what they can claim and Rollei takes full advantage of this, as will the Hy6.

TechTalk

New Hasselblad back
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2007, 07:46:30 pm »

someone coming here and making his first posts under "techtalk" praising the latest hasselblad and going on to take the time to defend "ultra focus" seems to me like reading a brochure that sells you the "best dslr"...take it with a grain of salt....we are all sharing opinions and if you read mine, check out my work, and you can look at that opinion with that information and base your own opinion on that.....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=141002\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm a little unclear why explaining, how "Ultra-focus" works and it's purpose, would be characterized as defending it. Is it under attack? If so, why? It is just an effort to further optomize critical focus ability. Why would anyone attack an effort to do that? Some may not feel that they need it, while others that have had body/back focus tolerance problems or occasional issues with certain lenses exhibiting focus-shift, might appreciate the effort. In any event, I can't think of a reason that anyone would attack an effort to tighten tolerances in a system.

Anyway, if explaining how something works is "defending" it... then I guess I'll plead guilty.

You have good advice to people reading any on-line forum to take what they read with a grain of salt. Otherwise, they might mistake as credible (because they've attached their name and a web-site to a post), statments like "there is a full line of schneider AF lenses available for the Hy6....about the same (or even more?) as the H system...."–when in fact there are twice as many AF lenses for the "H" system, as a little effort with Google will reveal.

Thanks for taking the time to help clarify for people, what is often confusing and difficult to understand technology and terminology. Now that we know it's all just "insane marketing hype" (your earlier post), I'll stop wishing that things could be improved in any subtle ways.

thsinar

New Hasselblad back
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2007, 08:45:05 pm »

That will have to be checked! And I guess if this is the case, other manufacturer are also taking FULL advantage of this.

Fact is: the Sinar Hy6 will sync at 1/1000th with the lenses permitting it (PQS), and Sinar is not known in the market for giving un-reliable technical information or making even false claims.

I shall get back to you on this point, should I find more specific information.

Edited for ADDENDUM:

By the way, 20% deviation "authorized" by the ISO standards is 1/800th (not 1/760)

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

The Rollei lenses actually sync at 1/760th of a second,  ISO standards allow a 20% deviation from what they can claim and Rollei takes full advantage of this, as will the Hy6.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142067\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 09:43:24 pm by thsinar »
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

New Hasselblad back
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2007, 04:49:07 am »

Dear Photomangreg,

I come back to your statement below. I have checked this carefully out. Although your basic information is right (sync at 1/760th) it is valid for the "older" PQ lenses and thus outdated information.

Here what had been informed and communicated by Rollei during the introduction of the Schneider PQS lenses (quote and translated from the German):

"When the Rolleiflex 6008 Professional was introduced in 1988 the available PQ lenses were able to sync at 1/500 sec. However, already at that time 1/750 sec could be reached. Behind the 1/500 sec mark on the PQ lens there was a further index mark that meant the 1/750 sec. Although the 1/750 sec. was not officially released the public was informed about this.

At that time the PQ lens shutter was further improved (new shutter leaves, new materials, new linear motors) and with this, the 1/750 sec were clearly surpassed and 1/900 sec reached. A good percentage of these lenses reached and surpassed even the 1/1000. With this, the PQS lens was born and the 1/1000 sec. could be published as the value is well within the ISO standard".

This means in clear that the Schneider PQS lenses do not only sync at 1/1000, but that some even sync faster than this.

AND: this 1/1000th is REAL 1/1000th

I hope this clarifies the point made about lens sync.

Thanks and best regards,
Thierry

The Rollei lenses actually sync at 1/760th of a second,  ISO standards allow a 20% deviation from what they can claim and Rollei takes full advantage of this, as will the Hy6.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=142067\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up