Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 16x DVD+R discs  (Read 2893 times)

Dave Carter

• http://
16x DVD+R discs
« on: September 18, 2007, 09:56:40 am »

I plan on buying either some Taiyo Yuden Prenium 8x or 16x single layer discs to be used for off site storage.  Probably I won't read very often.  But it is the only backup, so I want them to be good.
I have a Mac G5 burner capable of 16x burning of DVD's.  But most of the info I have been able to read says to burn +R discs at a maximum of 8x for good results.  

The 16x ones cost alittle more, but I would sure like the increased speed as I have quite a few to do.
What is your experence with 16x discs?  
Thank you for any advice.
Dave

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
16x DVD+R discs
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 06:11:14 pm »

The 16x ones cost alittle more, but I would sure like the increased speed as I have quite a few to do.
Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140164\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For what it is worth, I always of 4x when burning DVD-R with the 16x Pionneer burners of my Mac Pro.

I have never seen firm data showing the actual advantage on the durability of the discs, but my personnal policy is to limit the risk.

Regards,
Bernard

Dave Carter

• http://
16x DVD+R discs
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 06:16:56 pm »

Bernard,
Thanks, I guess I will purchase the 8x and try 8x burning.  I will also verify each write.

It is my understanding that the +R's are a little more dependable then the -R's.

Thanks again, Dave

Michael Bailey

16x DVD+R discs
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 01:39:52 am »

Gee, I didn't think speed mattered, as long as you're verifying your data after you write.

Is there something I should know?

MB

to-mas

16x DVD+R discs
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 05:40:37 pm »

I plan on buying either some Taiyo Yuden Prenium 8x or 16x single layer discs to be used for off site storage.  Probably I won't read very often.  But it is the only backup, so I want them to be good.
I have a Mac G5 burner capable of 16x burning of DVD's.  But most of the info I have been able to read says to burn +R discs at a maximum of 8x for good results. 

Dave
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140164\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I burn my photos on 8x speed (but dvd is 16x) and i dont have any bad dvds after 2years (so far).
Other stuff i burn on 16 and didnt have a problem as well, but i dont check them often.
Pages: [1]   Go Up