Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confused about color space and raw  (Read 7550 times)

cowboy

Confused about color space and raw
« on: September 17, 2007, 03:29:39 pm »

My cameras give me the selection of Adobe rgb or SRgb. Am I wrong in assuming that those selections do no apply to raw images? I would like to experiment with the Prophoto color space in processing, if my assumption is wrong how do I accomplish the Prophoto experiment?

Richowens

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 05:55:37 pm »

The color space set in the camera has no effect on RAW files, only in camera Jpegs. So you are correct in that respect and can work on the files in Prophoto without any problems. Just make sure your Raw convertor is set to output your files in Prophoto when it sends them to Photoshop or your external editor.

If you are using ACR to convert just make sure the working space in Photoshop is set to Prophoto and you are good to go.

HTH

Rich

cowboy

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 09:06:48 pm »

The color space set in the camera has no effect on RAW files, only in camera Jpegs. So you are correct in that respect and can work on the files in Prophoto without any problems. Just make sure your Raw convertor is set to output your files in Prophoto when it sends them to Photoshop or your external editor.

If you are using ACR to convert just make sure the working space in Photoshop is set to Prophoto and you are good to go.

HTH

Rich
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140030\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thank you Rich. I just wasn't sure. I'll give er a go.
Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up