Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ProPhoto Softboxes  (Read 2536 times)

David Anderson

• http://www.twigwater.com
ProPhoto Softboxes
« on: September 17, 2007, 07:02:43 am »

I have a ProfPhoto 5' octa light that's near two ears old and the the inside fabric near the mounting ring is falling apart in a big way - yet the rest of the box is shows almost no wear & tear.

My other ProPhoto boxes have no sign of the problem.

The dealer & Australian Dist.  (L&P Photographics in Sydney) put it down to use yet I've never seen it in any of my boxes including two Chimera's that are over 10 years old.
(the box has mostly been used on a 7B without modeling lights)

Just wondering has anyone else had this issue ?

friml

• http://
ProPhoto Softboxes
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 12:36:33 pm »

I have a ProfPhoto 5' octa light that's near two ears old and the the inside fabric near the mounting ring is falling apart in a big way - yet the rest of the box is shows almost no wear & tear.

My other ProPhoto boxes have no sign of the problem.

The dealer & Australian Dist.  (L&P Photographics in Sydney) put it down to use yet I've never seen it in any of my boxes including two Chimera's that are over 10 years old.
(the box has mostly been used on a 7B without modeling lights)

Just wondering has anyone else had this issue ?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139914\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Im not sure on the exact model, but im pretty sure it was those 5'octas in a rental studio here in melb falling appart too.  like i said, not sure if it were the same, but i heard something similar.

fnagy

• www.franknagyphotography.com
ProPhoto Softboxes
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 07:36:51 pm »

Im not sure on the exact model, but im pretty sure it was those 5'octas in a rental studio here in melb falling appart too.  like i said, not sure if it were the same, but i heard something similar.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140462\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Is that Profoto  or ProfPhoto?

Never seen it happen with Profoto gear. Used a Large 7' Octa that was 7 yr old rental unit, looked darn good to me, and set up and handling was easy-peesy.

But ProfPhoto, if it's falling appart after 2 yrs, not a real bargain,  How much did you pay for it?
Love & Peace
Frank

Hank

ProPhoto Softboxes
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 10:53:59 am »

Have you contacted Profoto directly?  Many dealers don't like the hassle of warranty questions and will put you off rather than serving as intermediary with the manufacturer.  No experience with Profoto, but I've heard manufacturers of other products express deep frustration with their dealers on warranty issues.

I just checked their US web site, and they appear to have extensive arrangements and options for repair.

K.C.

ProPhoto Softboxes
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 03:03:45 am »

Used a Large 7' Octa that was 7 yr old rental unit, looked darn good to me...

Or it had been repaired multiple times. Elinchrom Octabanks are notorious for NOT wearing well with repeated setup and tear down.

They are relatively easy to repair though because the interior reflective layer, that typically tears, can be removed and replaced.
Pages: [1]   Go Up