Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Gloss Enhancer gaps  (Read 2484 times)

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
Z3100 Gloss Enhancer gaps
« on: September 14, 2007, 09:47:48 am »

I have a Z3100 24" and have been printing mostly with matte papers.  I had some photos to print on glossy and satin papers and noticed that some prints showed what apperared to be a darker stripe or less glossy section in them. THis would show up on several prints and would run the whole length of the paper.  This certainly looks like the gloss enhancer did not lay down on a segment of the print as it has a noticable spray pattern in the duller area.  I have used both the HP premium satin and the HP instant dry glossy and both papers have exhibited this with no repeatable pattern.  Sme times I get a full print without the problem and others have one or two 'stripes' of missing gloss enhancer on a 16" long print.

Anyone else seen this?

iCrop

• http://
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 11:24:28 am »

I had this problem after a printing a few glossy photos.  It was a while back.  I think just doing a print head cleaning resolved the issue.

Mike

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 11:41:54 am »

I had this problem after a printing a few glossy photos.  It was a while back.  I think just doing a print head cleaning resolved the issue.

Mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139412\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thanks I'll try that.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 04:28:39 pm »

You can clean only the head needed on the Z. It's not a really aggressive clean BTW. What I found with one of the Z's I had was lint off the matte paper stuck to the edge of the print head assembly which created some streaks. Manually removing them quickly cleared this up for problem free GE prints.
Pages: [1]   Go Up