Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workflow?  (Read 2669 times)

effemmemi

Workflow?
« on: September 13, 2007, 05:33:12 pm »

dear all, hope someone can help me with advice or reference.

I've been using cs2 for almost one year. I also use scott kelby's book as a guide on how to do and what to do.

First question: do you think it is a good book? Sometimes I've the impression that digital imaging cannot be so simple! Mr Kelby simplifies, whioch is not wrong in his position, but lives great part of the truth untold. Is my impression correct?

What I really miss, and cannot find either on the book or on the Internet, is advice on a series of steps that I should take to get from a raw file (which I convert with camera raw in TIFF Format), to a retouched picture.

thanks.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 05:33:53 pm by effemmemi »

Misirlou

• http://
Workflow?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 10:38:59 pm »

dear all, hope someone can help me with advice or reference.

I've been using cs2 for almost one year. I also use scott kelby's book as a guide on how to do and what to do.

First question: do you think it is a good book? Sometimes I've the impression that digital imaging cannot be so simple! Mr Kelby simplifies, whioch is not wrong in his position, but lives great part of the truth untold. Is my impression correct?

What I really miss, and cannot find either on the book or on the Internet, is advice on a series of steps that I should take to get from a raw file (which I convert with camera raw in TIFF Format), to a retouched picture.

thanks.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139256\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You might try Bruce Fraser's Adobe Camera Raw book. I've got both editions, and they're some of the best Photoshop books I've ever read. Actually that applies to all of Bruce Fraser's work. I miss him tremendously.

HickersonJasonC

Workflow?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 02:38:58 pm »

You might try Bruce Fraser's Adobe Camera Raw book. I've got both editions, and they're some of the best Photoshop books I've ever read. Actually that applies to all of Bruce Fraser's work. I miss him tremendously.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139312\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree completely. Take a look at Bruce Fraser's ACR for CS2.

Richowens

Workflow?
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 04:32:15 pm »

Go to Adobe's series of white papers on using the products. These are wriitten by our host Michael, Bruce Fraser, Jeff Schewe and othe well known people in the business. I found them very informative and just noted some new articles that I want to read.

Adobe White Papers.

You might also check out some of the links on Photoshop News and Information.

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up