Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambo WDS Lenses - Favorites?  (Read 9189 times)

jimgolden

• http://
Cambo WDS Lenses - Favorites?
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 03:23:40 pm »

both the above mentioned Rene and Doug are excellent if you have Cambo questions. Doug can answer most question in a single phone call, I've only communicated w/ Rene over email...

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 07:40:39 am »

At this point, I'm planning on purchasing the Schneider 35 with the Cambo WDS.  Looking at the Schneider tech sheet defines the screw-in center filter as being mounted on the front of the lens.

If that is valid, and I want to put a polar filter on as well, seems like vignetting will be a problem.

Anyone tried this?

Solution or am I just looking for a problem that will not exist?

Also plan to purchase next the 90mm.  Looks like it takes a screw-in 40.5mm filter.  I have yet to find a top quality 40.5 polar filter.

Thanks,
Jack
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 07:54:53 am by Lust4Life »

Jeffreytotaro

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 07:45:32 am »

B+W makes a wide angle polar filter that will fit over the center filter on the 24 and 35.  I have never had good results with polarizers on digital at least for the sky.  It can work for removing reflections, etc.
Jeffrey Totaro
[url=http://www.jeffreyto

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 07:57:25 am »

B+W makes a wide angle polar filter that will fit over the center filter on the 24 and 35.  I have never had good results with polarizers on digital at least for the sky.  It can work for removing reflections, etc.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=139554\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Jeffrey!
I'll order one as I use polar filters frequently for reducing reflections on wet folage and water fall scenes.

Jack

david.westphal

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 01:22:32 pm »

I would also consider the silvestri system.  I have found that with the Cambo system, if you need perfect registration, the rear mount tends to shift therefore shifting the images.  It has been an issue for me.  I passed on the Cambo and purchased the Silvestri system.  Very happy with the results.  The engineering is very tight.  Excellent product.  Just double check lens mount callibrations when you get your lens.

Also, I prefer the Rodenstock digitar lenses.  I have an hr lens too which is remarkable.

David
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up