Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poster & Sign Making Software suggestions  (Read 1957 times)

Shutterbug2006

Poster & Sign Making Software suggestions
« on: September 08, 2007, 01:42:36 pm »

I'd like some feedback as to what might be a good Poster, Banner and Sign Making software for use with large format printers such as the HP Z3100?

Ideally the software I'd like to buy would allow one to input the dimensions of the desired print (like 23 inches wide by 40 inches long), provide some tools for adding pictures, text and graphics, and visually show you what the project will look like before committing it to be printed.

I have heard of a program called Poster Artist 2007 made by Canon and checked out the site, I don't know if it only works with Canon printers or not, it doesn't specifically state this anywhere that I can see.

I'd like to check out alternate competing software and hear your recommendations, good and bad.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 01:42:52 pm by Shutterbug2006 »

pulley

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 02:23:46 pm »

Coredraw / Photopaint or Adobe Illustrater / Photoshop. My preference is Coreldraw. Been using Corel for 13 years.

I own a sign shop and have been printing posters and banners from Coredraw on my Z2100 without any problems.

For the money, Coreldraw can't be beat.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 02:24:39 pm by pulley »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 03:05:14 pm »

I've been using CorelDraw since version 3 and I've always liked it.   The latest versions are Windows only, though.  I believe the last Mac platform was CorelDraw 11.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up