Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Wiki  (Read 11425 times)

rdonson

Z3100 Wiki
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 05:04:02 pm »

Thanks, Neil!!!  Great info.
Regards,
Ron

rdonson

Z3100 Wiki
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 05:19:12 pm »

I added a profile in the files section as in Safari the Wiki page doesn't look like Windows.
I would be glad to upload any APS profiles you like.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140387\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Got it, Neil.  Thanks!  I got fooled for a little bit until I figured out it was a zip file.  Can you edit the rest of the row with info now that I've placed it in the table?

I'll try Safari for Windoze and see how it works with the wiki.
Regards,
Ron

rdonson

Z3100 Wiki
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2007, 05:24:21 pm »

OK, I can't speak for Safari on the Mac but Safari for Windoze doesn't work worth a dang on the wiki.

Neil, if you give me the info for the row with the Bamboo profile I'll put it in there.

Thanks again!!!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 05:25:47 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

casterle

Z3100 Wiki
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 06:47:05 pm »

Every time you calibrate or add a new media , two base profiles (GE on+GE off)are created if on a photo type surface. When creating APS profiles it's best to put APS in the title if you have room.
Thanks, Neil. Do these files hold the calibration data?

In Windows, if you right click on an ICC file that has been installed, the context menu will have an item 'Uninstall Profile'. If the profile has not been installed, that item will be replaced with 'Install Profile'.

These 3 files display 'Install Profile', so I guess they're not installed (the APS profiles I created *are* installed). Should I install these 3 files as well or is everything as it should be?

-Leroy

John Hollenberg

Z3100 Wiki
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2007, 03:16:21 pm »

I have done some reorganization on the Z3100 Wiki and linked to some of the critical LL threads to make it easier to find everything in one place.  Since I am researching out the Z3100 vs Canon iPF6100 I figured I might as well update with the stuff I found while I was at it.

Since I am very familiar with Wikispaces (I created the Canon iPF5000 Wiki) I also made some improvements to the Navigation bar to the left so that you can more easily get around from any page.

--John

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
Z3100 Wiki
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2007, 12:06:44 am »

Every time you calibrate or add a new media , two base profiles (GE on+GE off)are created if on a photo type surface.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=140489\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A question:  If two profiles are created when making a new paper profile, why do I need to specify GE on or GE off when I create the profile with APS?  Since it only prompts me to create one name after each profiling session, how am I able to get two distinct profiles out of the process to use later?  Is the correct methodology to generate one profile and then use it with or without gloss enhancer?  I currently make one profile with and one without as separate processes, if on a paper that might be used either way.  Is this redundant?
Thanks, as always,
Ron H.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Z3100 Wiki
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2007, 07:21:22 am »

A question:  If two profiles are created when making a new paper profile, why do I need to specify GE on or GE off when I create the profile with APS?  Since it only prompts me to create one name after each profiling session, how am I able to get two distinct profiles out of the process to use later?  Is the correct methodology to generate one profile and then use it with or without gloss enhancer?  I currently make one profile with and one without as separate processes, if on a paper that might be used either way.  Is this redundant?
Thanks, as always,
Ron H.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143065\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
With APS you need to choose your mode, GE or not. When you save out the profile by default the name should indicate GE or not (unless that changed). In Print Center it is different. There , the profile will be printed, measured and created according to your mode choice, but there will be a fudged second profile by applying some math at run time when creating the profile to give you a quasi on/off secondary profile. In my testing I find the secondary profile to be of mediocre quality compared to the same made on the correct settings. Yet for networked computers it is just the same useful as an approximation for occasional use.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Z3100 Wiki
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2007, 07:39:50 am »

BTW Safari on Mac doesn't like Wiki much. I used Firefox to update the info. Looks like it is shaping up to a very useful place for info on the Z series.

rdonson

Z3100 Wiki
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2007, 03:35:34 pm »

BTW Safari on Mac doesn't like Wiki much. I used Firefox to update the info. Looks like it is shaping up to a very useful place for info on the Z series.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=143118\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Neil.  Safari on Windoze doesn't work well either.  I use Firefox on Windoze and it works fine.

The wiki is shaping up.  We've got more members and more people adding content now.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up