Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera to Print - Suggestion for Follow Up  (Read 4250 times)

johnvr

Camera to Print - Suggestion for Follow Up
« on: September 07, 2007, 01:03:18 am »

I spent part of the last two days watching the camera-to-print tutorial and found it quite interesting and enlightening. But I also found that there is no way I will be able to afford the goodies that Michael and Jeff call necessary for top-notch printing, esp. not since I'm in Cyprus where prices are even higher than in Europe.

So, I need to rely on local printers to have my prints made and, unfortunetaly, the local printers here don't have a great reputation when it comes to making fine art prints.

That's why I'd like to see a segment added to this tutorial discussing outsourcing your printing, profiling for outside printers, tips on how to deal with the printers and how to judge and discuss print quality with the printer.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Camera to Print - Suggestion for Follow Up
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 06:04:00 pm »

I spent part of the last two days watching the camera-to-print tutorial and found it quite interesting and enlightening. But I also found that there is no way I will be able to afford the goodies that Michael and Jeff call necessary for top-notch printing, esp. not since I'm in Cyprus where prices are even higher than in Europe.

So, I need to rely on local printers to have my prints made and, unfortunetaly, the local printers here don't have a great reputation when it comes to making fine art prints.

That's why I'd like to see a segment added to this tutorial discussing outsourcing your printing, profiling for outside printers, tips on how to deal with the printers and how to judge and discuss print quality with the printer.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137813\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think that's a great idea. I can imagine many people are in that situation, and I know of others who aren't, but still use outside printing services because of convenience, time constraints, etc.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up