Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZD camera hand held experience  (Read 3484 times)

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
ZD camera hand held experience
« on: September 06, 2007, 11:00:08 pm »

Hi
For the past 5 days I have been documenting APEC with the ZD. I have traveled light with no tripod. I only took 2 lenses 35 & 55-110. I have shot some images hand held @ 1/20 with the 35 & bracing my self with a pole or the fence with the 55-110. I have been getting really good results. I have really enjoyed the 35mm. I use RD for all my ZD & 5D files now. Yesterday I added my Widelux to the kit since there is no digital replacement yet.
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 02:45:05 am »

Hi
For the past 5 days I have been documenting APEC with the ZD. I have traveled light with no tripod. I only took 2 lenses 35 & 55-110. I have shot some images hand held @ 1/20 with the 35 & bracing my self with a pole or the fence with the 55-110. I have been getting really good results. I have really enjoyed the 35mm. I use RD for all my ZD & 5D files now. Yesterday I added my Widelux to the kit since there is no digital replacement yet.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137804\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Denis,

I too have use my ZD camera hand held. I know in some review it was stated that it is a tripod camera. That is not true. I find it works fine hand held also. Utilizing methods like you say, as steady as possible and of course aperatures no faster than one over focal length. Compared to 135 format, of course the format difference plays in with the focal lenth being different for normal lens. That is all. It does feel amazing carrying around a medium format camera as easy as a large DSLR, does it not?  

Regards
Anders
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 02:46:03 am by Anders_HK »

mcfoto

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 05:11:32 am »

Denis,

I too have use my ZD camera hand held. I know in some review was stated that it is a tripod camera. That is not true. I find it works fine hand held also. Utilizing methods like you say, as steady as possible and of course aperatures no faster than one over focal length. Compared to 135 format, of course the format difference plays in with the focal lenth being different for normal lens. That is all. It does feel amazing carrying around a medium format camera as easy as a large DSLR, does it not?  

Regards
Anders
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137824\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi
I read that review & looking back that was a very poor one at that.
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

Quentin

• Quentin on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 05:34:28 am »

Hi
I read that review & looking back that was a very poor one at that.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137850\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Around 90% of the shots I take with the ZD are hand held.  At slower hand-held shutter speeds, I sometimes click the mirror-up button just before I press the shutter to reduce shake.  

Quentin
Quentin Bargate, ARPS, Author, Arbitrato

mcfoto

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 07:03:33 am »

Hi
Update I just bought a Manfrotto 680B monopod today. I decided not to take my tripod in due to weight. This one really worked well with the ZD.
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [
Pages: [1]   Go Up