Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flare and P45+  (Read 2074 times)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Flare and P45+
« on: September 06, 2007, 05:31:38 pm »

Some exterior architecture shots taken in strong sunlight with super-wide cams and lenses (eg. Cambo) which people needing a better P45+ profile sent me were totally wrong colorwise. I believe I've traced the problem to flare.

People shooting Cambo and getting wrong or washed out colors even with LCC may improve their images considerably by using a very aggressive black point eg. 50, and a linear curve setting.

And yes, my "Neutra" profile for the P45+ also seems to improve color rendition perceptibly.

In the long run it might be nice to know where the flare in this super-wide imagery originates, and whether the digital back is in any way "involved" in the generation of this flare.

And it would be interesting to know how to get rid of this flare. In my opinion this should be done in the camera, not in post.  I have no expertise in architecture shooting and non-SLR cameras so I haven't got the slightest idea about which practical remedies to suggest to the people who sent me such images.

Edmund
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 05:31:55 pm by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

sundstei

Flare and P45+
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 05:04:12 am »

And yes, my "Neutra" profile for the P45+ also seems to improve color rendition perceptibly.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137767\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

My "Neuter" profile takes away all the "lust" in the photos

Sorry for messing with your thread Edmund, the child in me just couldnt resist
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 05:04:56 am by sundstei »

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
Flare and P45+
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 07:09:48 am »

Please don't grow up

In fact, there's a bit of truth in what you say, neutral profiles used with linear renderings make for good architecture shots but don't really play well with human bodies   That's why I only send out the neutral profiles to people who do architectural photography. And please don't answer with a joke about some models being well built

Edmund

My "Neuter" profile takes away all the "lust" in the photos

Sorry for messing with your thread Edmund, the child in me just couldnt resist
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137847\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 07:13:24 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald
Pages: [1]   Go Up