Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon CPS Expo  (Read 2262 times)

jeffok

• http://www.insightscapes.com
Canon CPS Expo
« on: September 06, 2007, 10:03:58 am »

I attended the Canon CPS Expo in Calgary yesterday. One of the highlights for me was trying out the new 1Ds Mark III and the new 14mm lens. Some will have noticed that Vistek is listing the 1DsIII on their site for C$9,299 I think. The Canon rep I met told me that the actual price would be more likely around the $8,500 mark or so. So I am hoping that we Canadian buyers are given a more realistic price point.

The seminar on Lighroom by Vincent Laforet was good and informative, but too basic for me... I was looking for a more in-depth tutorial. He clearly is much more enamored with Lightroom than with Bridge-CS3 and convinced me at least that most photographers need for CS3 is actually much less than is generally thought. And as for Bridge, if you're only working with photo images, there doesn't seem to be a compelling need for it any longer at all.

Otherwise, all of Canons still photography cameras and lenses, new printers and video cameras were on display and available to handle by all attending and lots of Canon Canada reps there to answer questions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up