Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Sony A-700 is here  (Read 3346 times)

paulnorheim

• don`t have
The Sony A-700 is here
« on: September 06, 2007, 01:34:36 am »

« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 01:36:53 am by paulnorheim »
paul norheim

paulnorheim

• don`t have
The Sony A-700 is here
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 02:48:00 am »

"The Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 will ship from October 2007, priced at about $1,400" - quote Sony.

This will make it a competitor to the Canon 40D and Pentax 10D as well – probably more than to the Nikon 300D.
paul norheim

david bluff

The Sony A-700 is here
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 11:43:49 am »

"The Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 will ship from October 2007, priced at about $1,400" - quote Sony.

This will make it a competitor to the Canon 40D and Pentax 10D as well – probably more than to the Nikon 300D.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137635\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Ihave recently purchased a DSCr1 as an economic andrelatively high performance camera.
I am supprised that Sony discontinued this excellant camera  Ok like everything in life it has its limitations but also several advantages which appear to be unimportant to some DSLR  users    If you are working professional only the very highest quality is acceptable and therefore a range of the lenses offering state of the art performence coupled to camera bodies to match must be on your shopping list  however if you are retired pro like myself or enthusiastic amateur I think the DSLR's have an excess of modes functions etc. which are applicable to press or fashion which you may never use. My point is this First consider in detail how you intend to use a camera . Decide on the essential functions the camera must perform. , Select / test camera and lense/s against price

mahleu

• 500px
The Sony A-700 is here
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 01:05:04 pm »

Both digital and CDS circuits are aligned alongside each column reducing pixel noise, but also 'the noise and inter-column processing variations that can affect analogue CDS circuits', says Sony. These circuits also limit A/D converter fluctuations.

Sounds interesting. I wonder if it will make any difference in the real world.

paulnorheim

• don`t have
The Sony A-700 is here
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 04:00:50 pm »

Of course the Sony Alpha (former Konica-Minolta) system is not as complete as Canon or Nikon (especially the lenses). But if, and this is an IF, the high ISO is as good as in the present Canon cameras (and as Nikon claim their new cameras will be), and you add this to in-camera anti shake (I can´t remember and don´t want to remember what Sony calls this function), then you have a combination that nobody else is offering. (Pentax has the anti shake built in the 10D, but is said to be weaker on high ISO).

In addition, the first impression from the re- (or rather pre-)viewers is that this is a camera that feels (in handling, etc) as if it was made by, and for photographers. I think this could be a very interesting alternative for certain "enthusiastic amateurs" who shoot in available light, and probably also very well suited for wedding photography, in-door sports, among other things.

The good news for the photographers, in any case, is that we seem to have four to five competitors offering excellent and, in different ways, very interesting products just now: Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Sony, and perhaps also Olympus (coming in October). Good news for the industry as a whole (challenging the Canon/Nikon dominance) and for the photographers – also those who stick to one brand, because this competition will force their brand to make better products. If also Leica/Panasonic comes up with a challenging DSLR, all this may together diminish the threat of a dominance from one or to players.

The bad news? That all the talk about these exciting new cameras for the next half year will distract some of us from taking pictures with the cameras we have.

I am a happy Canon camera owner. But I shoot a lot in available light, and would love that combination of anti shake, usable high ISO, and a 1.4 prime lens (normal or moderate wide angle). And in addition: the better the high ISO is, the less you are forced to shoot with the widest aperture (if you don´t want to), avoiding the small depth of field. This could even be an advantage for certain landscape photographers: imagine walking in the woods or some jungle (in a rather dark environment, anyhow - including cities), being able to use a high quality ISO 800/1600 AND anti shake at places where it is inconvenient to use a tripod – and still get the shot.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 10:49:14 pm by paulnorheim »
paul norheim

Kenneth Sky

• http://
The Sony A-700 is here
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 05:46:36 pm »

Now if this will encourage Tokina to produce their 12-24 mm lens in the Sony/K-M mount, I'll grab it in a second. There are very few other zooms or primes that are not already available for this mount. Although I will certainly purchase this model when it is available, I can only imagine how good the A900 will be. Think FF and 18 megapixels. As I only print up to 13"x19", I'm more than delighted with 12 megapixels and the resolving power of my Minolta lenses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up