Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with HP support?  (Read 2264 times)

peteh

• http://
Problems with HP support?
« on: September 06, 2007, 12:19:58 am »

Hi, I just bought an HP Z3100ps 24 in. Photo PS3.
I'm new to large format printers. My other printer is an Epson R2400.
I bought the HP APS cause I wanted a one company profiling solution.
I was using Colorvision Spyder Pro 2 and Printfix Pro. Now I have Gretag.
My problem is I can get the software installed and the colorimeter plugged in but , it seems I have a bad or no good CD key with the CD HP supplied. The software won't come out of DEMO mode. I have been on the phone to HP tech support for 3-4 hours straight, getting passed from one Dept. to another. It's just a CD key they need to generate. Has anyone else had these problems and how good has HP tech support been to anyone out there that has used them? I just bought a 3 year care package with them. The printer as far as making just 2 prints with, is awesome.
Sorry for the long post , it's my first.
Thank you.

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 07:38:46 am »

Hi, I just bought an HP Z3100ps 24 in. Photo PS3.
I'm new to large format printers. My other printer is an Epson R2400.
I bought the HP APS cause I wanted a one company profiling solution.
I was using Colorvision Spyder Pro 2 and Printfix Pro. Now I have Gretag.
My problem is I can get the software installed and the colorimeter plugged in but , it seems I have a bad or no good CD key with the CD HP supplied. The software won't come out of DEMO mode. I have been on the phone to HP tech support for 3-4 hours straight, getting passed from one Dept. to another. It's just a CD key they need to generate. Has anyone else had these problems and how good has HP tech support been to anyone out there that has used them? I just bought a 3 year care package with them. The printer as far as making just 2 prints with, is awesome.
Sorry for the long post , it's my first.
Thank you.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137615\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
To rule out that it is the colorimeter, download a demo of whatever software, and see if it is seen. Otherwise you can look in the hardware connected and see if it is loaded by the system. Don't plug it into a non powered hub, it won't work. Try if possible to plug it in directly to a computer usb port.
No I've not had any problems with the APS side, where as GMB's usb dongle for Profil Maker needs a driver to function.

rdonson

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 08:43:26 am »

Do a search on this forum.  The problem has been reported before.  People have progressed through it though.  I think its been a question of connectivity or rebooting that solved it.
Regards,
Ron

peteh

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 04:14:18 pm »

Thank You everyone that replied to my problem. HP sent me a new CD Key.And now the APS or eye one display 2 works. Somehow HP sent out some install CD's with the wrong key.It took them 3 days to sort it out.I finally got through to their SG team in Boise ID. (That would be their color support team) and they gave me a new key.I was getting worried about HP tech support.But they came through for me.
Thank you all !

rdonson

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 06:37:33 pm »

That's great news!!!!  Now all you have to do is make sure you're running at v 1.3, the latest version.
Regards,
Ron

peteh

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 06:49:56 pm »

That's great news!!!!  Now all you have to do is make sure you're running at v 1.3, the latest version.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=137781\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes I'm running 1.30 ver. Glad to have the help you guys offer in the forum.
I'm sure I'll be posting MORE questions because I'm so new to Large Format printing.
Thank you so much for the reply!
Pages: [1]   Go Up